BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Who will take delivery of a 2012 X5d first

24K views 204 replies 31 participants last post by  Bloopie 
#1 ·
Post up here. Curious to see who and where.
Oh and Congrats in advance.

#48 ·
Just got a new status "released to the carrier and waiting to the port of exit"

Let's see how fast it will make it to Chicago
Mine has been in that status for a week now. :cry: While BMW's system is updated with that status, the reality is that vehicle is just sitting at the VPC awaiting the CARB/EPA certification before it is released. I'm not sure if the west coast vehicles have been sent to the VPC in (Oxnard?) CA, but if so, I'm sure they will just sit there until certification is obtained.

#49 ·
I guess there are two types of status massages - first one after production when it's waiting on the certificates and now the last one when it's actually say released to carrier.

This massage is the last one when everything is done and your dealer has to contact the carrier....!

#53 ·
This massage is the last one when everything is done and your dealer has to contact the carrier....!
Right.

Lets us know when your dealer gives you a carrier name and Bill of Lading number..until then, pull up a chair.

#50 ·
While I don't have any hard data to back this up, certification must be imminent now, a formality I would guess. So many diesels produced for the US market already...and besides this, last year certifications started coming through on October 20th (saw that in other threads on this forum).

#51 ·
Sure.. I'm just saying. Mine was build in the first week of the new production. And my status changed today as I said. I hope it's the final status but according to my dealer the status I had before was the one waiting for the tests/certificates

Let's see....

#54 ·
also, the website mayl LAG the actual EO signature date by up to 3,4 days..

It will be possible to have the cars release, yet nothing post on the arb for a day or two.

#57 ·
Talked to a friend who is employed by BMW NA... turns out CARB is "Busting their Balls".. should be aproved in "7 to 10 days"....

ps; he said my car is still sitting in SC... BMW scheduled to have it at my dealer on Oct 10th....

California sucks ....

#58 ·
Talked to a friend who is employed by BMW NA... turns out CARB is "Busting their Balls".. should be aproved in "7 to 10 days"....
Amazing your friend fed you precisely what you believe is the case (ie that it is CARBs fault and not BMWs fault)

Do you think maybe it is BMW's fault for not submitting on time, or not submitting the correct data, but since the real truth will never be known (CARB cannot comment on the EO process) it is easy to blame CARB? hell, the regulatory flunkies at BMW will blame CARB to their bosses to deflect the blame from them.

I'm not defending CARB, to me it doesnt matter who is to blame- I want my car. We just don't know who is at fault here.

It's just that your rants are a bit comical.

#59 ·
Is there any official word from BMW?

Odd, as the vehicle hasn't changed since last year...

- Mike

#60 · (Edited)
My friend is exactly that.
You can believe whatever you want. If it makes you feel better to believe a business with a vested interest in selling cars would be lazy enough to make the same mistake year after year after year then so be it. My thought is that the government,in this case an unaccountable agency, has no interest at all in this process being timely. There is no bonus to them for certifying in a timely manner,nor is there any penalty. It is interesting to note that BMW's made in the US are made in a right to work state.. read ANTI UNION... Government workers are VERY MUCH UNION MEMBERS. But I'm sure that they dont hold that against BMW... Right?
But like most things out on the left coast, common scence is not in play.
You are correct in one thing. No one is gonna let the truth out one way or another.
If it actually is BMW's doing they would hardly admit that...and if it isn't... they dont DARE say so. After all ...Government agencies can act like criminal enterprises only better because they have the "LAW" behind them.
I'm pleased that you find my rants commical. I find your acceptance of your state governments policies to be commical.

#61 ·
l. I find your acceptance of your state governments policies to be commical.
If you knew what I did professionally, you'd find that statement comical.

:thumbup:

#64 ·
To get back to the matter at hand...my car has been in the body shop for two days now. At least that's what the 800 number robot tells me. This whole "wait while we manufacture your car, it's so cool" thing is starting to have an impact on life in general...my dealer said he expects the car here on the 21st or the 24th of this month.

#66 ·
What's the difference in the status massages from BMW.

Last week the massages say "it's waiting to be released to a carrier" and my dealer told me at this time it is waiting for the Certificates etc.

So now this week it says "released to a carrier and waiting for the port of exit" in my eyes it is done but the dealer says its still waiting on the certificates?

Any idea?

#69 ·
Which part? I'm just thinking logically here...there's definitely going to be a lot of cars getting off the production lines in the next 10+ business days that we have left to the end of Nov. If Dano's right, that means they will start shipping around the last week of Oct/first week of Nov...add the backup and there you have it...

#71 · (Edited)
I find it amazing that one state can dictate distribution policy for the entire country. BMW should issue a statement that California Cars are delayed indefinitely and that people takeing posesion of 49 state cars are warned not to drive to or in California because they would be subject to fines. I know that BMW is by law responsible,an assinine position to place a corporation responsible for the actions of their consumers,but I'm sure a release could be drawn up that buyers would have to sign as a condition for sale so they could assume responsibility for the fines if THEY drive their car into Kalifornia. i would go so far as to sign a release that I will NEVER drive to or in that state regardless of certs... I've been to dictatorships in the third world with more freedom for their citizens than the drones in the goldish state enjoy. I will happily never go there again.:bigpimp:

#74 ·
Yup. The race is on.

A

#77 ·
I doubt that.

#79 ·
Sooner. What possible reason exists for holding the cars? EPA on Sept 9 (reportedly), CARB today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.