BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Intro and the Outro

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Manu 
#1 · (Edited)
Was fortunate to fall into a beautiful 1 Series M Coupe with ultra low miles recently.

It had all of the options if I were to have special ordered it myself.

Valencia orange
Heated seats
Enhanced Hands-free Bluetooth & USB
Sat Rad
Harman-Kardon Surround

Previous owner had tastefully modded it already with Shadowline grills, rear BMW Performance CF Spoiler with VO accent and side gill black matte inserts.

And I've since added blackline tail lights.

Flew out to Hilton Head Island and bought it from a true enthusiast with already an amazing stable not including the 1 M. It was a Dec 2011 Performance Center delivered vehicle, purchased from Dave Walter BMW in Akron by someone in the Atlanta area. He had it for 3 months, then sold it to the gentleman that I purchased it from.

Never bought a "used" car before, nor paid over MSRP but considering this is what I consider to be the total package and likely last true ultimate driving machine I'll ever own it was an easy accommodation to make.

Kind of early in the familiarization stage but so far no regrets!

On the 700 mile drive back to Indy I was amazed at how supple the chassis is for a M tuned suspension. Yeah, you definitely recognize and feel when you hit a road zit but it's not bone jarring as I had imagined it might be.

The flared wheel arches, CSL wheels and VO paint are definitely an attention magnet. No stealth mode to be found. :)

Unfortunately, all of this required the departure of the gorgeous Le Mans blue 135 to do so.

As much as I dig on VO, Le Mans will likely always remain my favorite BMW color with Imola close on its heels.

It's a shame neither was available on the 1 M color palette, but a bigger one that so few units were available for the less than one year run.

Yeah, it will make it a decided collectible down the road, but that's the last thing I considered in arriving at this decision.

Coming from a 135 it was the natural thing to do. I just should have done it a lot sooner, but like many I figured there would at least be one more year of production to follow.

Again, still early but I'd say I think I'm finally ready to stop chasing side skirts and settle down with THE ONE M car for the ages. :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for noticing! Depending upon the weather forecast each day I will probably continue to drive it in to work for the next 10 days or so. Just driving it two days a week is not enough anymore. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.