BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

59K views 492 replies 27 participants last post by  Don Nguyen 
#1 · (Edited)
As a new vendor on the forum, I am offering a special promotional deal for the first couple of BMWs who are interested in getting their roof's wrapped with some gloss/matte black or carbon fiber vinyl. (Shoot me a PM for details on pricing, as pricing is different depending on finish, specific car, etc).

I've done hundreds of cars at this point. Here are just one or two quick pictures of cars that I've done recently in each type/finish, just to give you guys an idea of how it looks like and the quality of my work:

Gloss black -

Matte black (looks like the same car, but it's actually a different one) -

3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber -

For locals, I can supply the materials and do the entire installation at my location, for anything that you need to get done.

However, if you're a non-local (or someone who just wants/needs some material) and would like to give a DIY a shot, I can sell you just the material as well.

- Gloss/matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Carbon fiber vinyl
- Black out window trim vinyl
- Interior/exterior trim
- Headlight/Tail light tinting
- Custom cut stickers/graphics
- Full car wraps
- Installations
- And More...

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in anything.

thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

See less See more
#308 ·
This is not your standard car you see me working on, but I do not discriminate. I work on all types of cars, even if I mainly work on Euro cars typically. The owner of this silver Toyota Corolla came by to have me tint the tail lights on their car. The owner drove out from around Los Angeles / West Covina area to have me to do the work. Even on a stock car, the light tint / smoke on the tails still adds a nice overall touch to the car without making it look overly done or out of place. I took some before pictures, but they weren't that great, due to the direction of the lighting.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#309 ·
I can't believe it's already been almost half a year since I've been up to norcal to do my vinyl wraps up there in the bay area. Anyways, I still have a ton of pictures from my last trip that I haven't posted up yet. Here is a silver / gray Infinity G37 sedan that came by to have me vinyl wrap the chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black material. We went with the gloss black over the matte black finish for this car and I think it turned out great. The car was fairly stock, but even with just the window trim done, it completely changed the look of the car while maintaining a nice classy factory look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#310 ·
Had the owner of this gray / silver E46 330i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of their car. The owner opted to have me do only the center roof section and not the roof rails. I was able to wrap around the antenna without any issues, just like any of the other cars that also have antennas that I have done. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black gives it a nice clean factory look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

#311 ·
ETA is possibly mid to late March.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to set off a car. In this case, the owner of this black Nissan 350z came by to have me vinyl wrap the two side door vertical pillars in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to those, he also had me lightly tint / smoke the front bumper ambers to tone them down, but not completely black them out. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. Overall small / minor things done to the car, but sometimes it's those small minor details that really makes the car.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#313 ·
The owner of this black Mercedes Benz E550 sedan came to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have me black out his chrome / brushed aluminum window trim and also had me lightly tint / smoke the tail lights on his car. He was overall going with a darker theme with his car, so these two changes really help tie that theme together. I took some pictures of the tail lights inside and outside to show how it looks like in different lighting scenarios. Also, for the trim, we went with the matte black finish over the gloss finish for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#314 ·
This is not exactly what I normally post, but for some reason I had two cars come in on the same day to have me do the same thing on both cars. Both cars had roof rails that were starting to corrode / fake / peel, and they wanted me to wrap them in vinyl to cover up the imperfections and give the pieces a consistent finish again. Ideally, the pieces should be smooth for the best results, but worse comes to worse, even if they aren't smooth, at least they are one color/finish again after being wrapped.

First car had silver / chrome roof rails and they wanted me to wrap it in gloss black. Second car had factory matte black roof rails, and they wanted me to just rewrap them in my matte black vinyl finish. The pictures aren't the best, since I was fairly busy that day and I wasn't even sure if I was going to be using these pictures later on as well.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#315 ·
I had this brand new white BMW F30 335i sedan come by to have me vinyl wrap their car's roof in my gloss black vinyl material. I think this is the first mod that the owner of this car did. Just goes to show that getting a black roof done looks good by itself or as finishing touches to a car that already has other modifications done to it. I believe the owner of this car was around Orange County as well and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. We went with gloss black on this car to match his already factory gloss black mirrors and window trim pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#316 ·
I forgot to take some before pictures of this car, but I am sure you guys can imagine what it might have looked like before/stock. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the roof of his white BMW E92 335i coupe with my gloss black material. In addition to his roof, I also wrapped his chrome / brushed aluminum window surround in my gloss black vinyl material as well to match the roof. Small changes, but it really made the car pop a lot more. I thought with the addition of the black roof and window trim, it really made the car a lot cleaner and everything flows nicely even with the contrasting roof. He drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done. I believe the owner of the car was from around Los Angeles area/county or something like that.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#317 ·
The owner of this silver E46 M3 coupe came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his new-to-him car with the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl finish. The owner of this car was from around LA and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / OC to get the work done. The matte roof went well with his gunmetal / darker grey colored wheels. The owner wanted to go for that CSL style look, so this is what the results were:

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#318 ·
This is one of my favorite mods to do on cars. My other favorite is getting rid of the chrome on cars. Tinting the tail lights light like this really gives the car a OEM+ look. It's good for cars that want to change up the look of the car a bit, without making it very obvious or noticeable what was done. However, that doesn't mean that this won't work or look good on modified car as well. I also like the light tint because it's less likely to get you pulled over, since so many cars come with slightly darker tail lights from the factory already as it is (IE BMW blacklines for their tail lights, etc).

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#319 ·
Starting to get more of the new BMW 3 series F30 bodies come in like this white 328 sedan. I vinyl wrapped the roof on this car in my gloss black vinyl material. This car was pretty interesting because it did not have a sunroof, which most newer cars always comes with. Turned out nice. Mirrors were already black from the factory as well as the shadowline window trim on the car. The owner of the car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#320 ·
The owner of this brand new black Porsche Cayenne Hybrid had me vinyl wrap the chrome window trim/surround on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black to match the B pillars of his car, which were also already gloss black from the factory. It really changed the look of the car, especially with the tinted windows and black wheels that he had. The owner of this car was also in Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#321 ·
The owner of this white Audi R8 was getting other work done on the car and he decided to have me tint his headlights with my light smoke/tint film as well. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles county area and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. I took some pictures of the car with the headlights off and the parking lights on to show how the light transmission looked like after the install was done. Over, it gave it a nice meaner look without reducing overall light output by anything too much.

Before:

During - Driver (right) side tinted/smoked, passenger (left) side stock.

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#322 ·
For the roof of this white Nissan 370z, I vinyl wrapped it in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material. I did not take before pictures, since time was against my side, but I am sure you can imagine how it probably looked like before. I think the cf went well with the overall styling of the rest of the car. The owner of this car was from around Redlands or Riverside county and drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#323 ·
The owner of this grey/gunmetal colored Mercedes Benz C63 AMG had me vinyl wrap the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim/surround on his car with my matte black vinyl material. The owner wanted the shadowline look. In addition to the window trim, I also vinyl wrapped the b pillars and trunk handle on his car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material. It's a nice little finishing touch on the car and I think it went well with the overall theme and color of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#324 · (Edited)
Just as a side note for those who are keeping track or paying attention when my next Norcal trip is going to be. I am probably going to be going back up there in about 4-6 weeks. When I have an exact date down, I'll make a dedicated thread for it for those who are interested to sign up.

The owner of this silver BMW E39 540i sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black over matte black for his car. Overall, it went very well with the look and styling of his car fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#325 ·
For this new white Mercedes Benz CLS550 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the tail lights with my light tint/smoke film material. On this car, I we decided to do the whole tail light. I didn't take pictures of it before, but the first picture does show the driver side as tinted/smoked (left) and the passenger (right) untinted. The lighting of it inside kind of makes it hard to gauge, but in the other pictures where I took them outside will help you better see the differences. As you can notice, as the lighting changes, the appearance of the darkness of the shade changes as well.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com

#326 ·
Here is a white VW Mk6 that had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl. I wrapped the material around the antenna and did the top rear hatch part as well. The carbon look adds a nice touch to the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the work done. I took a picture of the side of the roof where the material end, since people usually ask what it looks like for cars that do not have rails/etc.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#327 ·
Here is an example of a stock white Mercedes Benz C300 sedan that came in to have me vinyl their roof in my gloss black vinyl material. Even though the owner of this car was going to leave his car relatively stock, the black roof was still a nice addition to the car, which gave it an OEM+ look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. The only thing I would have suggested him to also get done was to black out the chrome window trim around the doors and the chrome trunk handle piece in the back. That would have really set the car off fairly nicely.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#328 ·
The owner of this brand new white VW TDI wagon brought his car by to have me lightly tint / smoke the tail lights and third brake light on his car. I took some pictures from side to side, showing how the tint looks like in directly sunlight and in some shade. As you can see, it's fairly dynamic and changes depending on the lighting. I haven't had anyone have any issues with this shade though, as far as light output or having any issues with law authorities though, so that is a plus. The owner of this car I believe was from around Pasadena and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to get the work done.

Before:

During (driver/left side tinted, passenger/right side stock) -

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#329 ·
People usually ask me if they should go with gloss black or matte black for the window trim on their black cars, so here is an example of matte black on this brand new BMW F10 sapphire metallic 5 series sedan. With the black wheels on the car, it made the chrome window trim stand out even more. So you can see the differences of the before and after are quite drastic, even for such a small detail. The owner of this car was also around/from Orange County and drove out to my shop in Anaheim Hills. I liked the end results and how this car turned out with the black vinyl trim.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#330 ·
Tinted / smoked the center clear portion of the tail lights on this brand new white Mercedes E350 sedan. In addition to tinting the tail lights with my light film material, I also wrapped the trunk spoiler in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material and blacked out the chrome trunk handle with my matte black vinyl material. Overall, the light shade of tint was a nice slight change in the look of the car, without making it too dark and is still visible during the day/night.

Most spoilers aren't practical to wrap, but this one happen to work out.

Before:

Driver side tinted/smoked - passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#331 ·
I thought I had taken more pictures of this car, but three is all I have I suppose. This is a car that I did for Hyundai for last year's SEMA, just to give you an idea of how some old some of my pictures can be or take before getting uploaded. They wanted to do a real carbon roof, but did not have enough time to do it before SEMA, so having me vinyl wrap it with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber vinyl material was the next alternative. I wrapped both the painted and glass part that's on the Veloster.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#332 ·
I have had a lot of people ask me how vinyl looks when covered over damaged paint or paint with clear coat failure. Here is the best example I could find at the moment in my picture data base. The owner of this blue Honda Civic coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of their car with my gloss black vinyl material. As you can see in the before pictures, you can see that basically the entire roof was having clear coat failure. It is somewhat hard to see in the after pictures versus how it looks like in person. However, in one of the pictures I put a red box around the area that you can see how the uneveness resulting from the clear coat failure does show through the vinyl a bit still. Even though this is not a perfect solution to peeling/failing paint, it is still better than what was there before and will prevent further paint damage from the sun, etc.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.