BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

mil. code 1222

Tags
:3
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TRaV MaNN 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered numerous times, the searching I've found has pointed to looking for a vacum leak. My question being, is the mpg guage vacum operated? My girlfriend took my car to work and called saying the mpg guage was not working and the check engine light was on. I stopped on my way home from work and swapped cars. I did the stomp test and got 1222. I reset it and drove home, the mpg guage was working fine, the light did not return. I pulled up to my house, shut the car off and now it is out of gas, I believe...

#3 ·
I read that one. I was wondering if there was any correlation between the mpg guage not working and the 1222 code. I figured if it was vacum operated then it may be leaking and causing the engine to go lean and throwing the code. I know on a maf car a vacum leak will cause a lean condition. On a map sensor car, like a Honda, a vacum leak will make it run rich. I put a couple gallons of gas in it and it started back up fine. I'll check it tomorrow after work and see if a can of carb cleaner can find any vacum leaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.