BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Front Seat Button and sleep mode

11K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  First_745Li 
#1 ·
I have noticed that my front seat buttons stays on. And the car does not go into sleep mode.

#8 ·
Hi,

The issue is caused my a module in the MOST loop not shutting down.

The most likely cause is the NAV unit, myself and others have had identical symptoms. its worth unplugging or pulling fuses to isolate modules and see if that makes a difference.

Stuart

#7 ·
Hi noble3572001,
I have the same problem.I am an autoelectrician and recovered 2002 735i E65 today with totally discharged battery. Iwas told by the owner that whilst driving many warning lights came on....park brake fault,traction control,driver module fault,and others.
Also transmission went into limp home mode.
I assumed this was due to low battery voltage, maybe alternator not charging. fitted new battery(not AGM AS STANDARD SILVER BATTERY WAS FITTED) I haven't registered battery with power control module yet.
Checked charge rate which seemed too high 14.7- 15.1 volts.
I checked for off load discharge current and found afer 40 minutes 8 to 9 amps drain.
Like your bmw ,the seat adjust light is staying on together with the igniton switch and the gear selecter stalk.
The Park Brake yellow fault light flashed every few minutes but seems O K now after disconnecting battery again.
The navigation cd drive in boot is constantly on so I disconnected it,but still 9 amp drain and no sleep shutdown.
I will do a full system scan and clear fault codes Tomorrow .
Has any one any further ideas how to isolate modules to find the cause of the drain/no sleep.
I shall let you know how I get on.

#9 ·
Hi,

The NAV maybe being kept awake by another faulty module on the MOST bus. when you pull the connector from the NAV does the red light from the fibre optic cable ever go out?

Does the rest of the car function correcty with the new battery installed? i.e. no error messages, transmission, ABS, Dynamic drive all work OK?

#10 ·
After leaving battery disconnected overnight every thing now shuts down and discharge drops to 0.02amps after 1 hour.
Still need to check and clear fault codes so if there is any further problems I can scan again.
Charge rate still s
seems a bit high
No Load 14.6 volts
Lights heater ac front and rear screens on 14.7 volts
when returned to idle speed with no load voltage rises momentarily to 14.9/15 volts .Seems like smart charge system is working.
MOST bus now shuts down.
Thanks for your input, Hope this has also helped noble3572001's problem.How did you go on noble?
SPARKS59

#11 ·
After leaving battery disconnected overnight every thing now shuts down and discharge drops to 0.02amps after 1 hour.
Still need to check and clear fault codes so if there is any further problems I can scan again.
Charge rate still s
seems a bit high
No Load 14.6 volts
Lights heater ac front and rear screens on 14.7 volts
when returned to idle speed with no load voltage rises momentarily to 14.9/15 volts .Seems like smart charge system is working.
MOST bus now shuts down.
Thanks for your input, Hope this has also helped noble3572001's problem.How did you go on noble?
SPARKS59
So unhooking the negative battery lead overnight seemed to have resolved your issue?

#12 ·
Yes checked thoroughly again today and drain down to 0.02 amps. Found many fault codes on nearly every ecu when scanned. Cleared fault codes ok. I tried to register battery using LAUNCH but although I could access power module live data and actuations could not find relevant section for new battery registration.
But disconnecting negative lead overnight certainly sorted out the drain. I think the old faulty battery going very low voltage confused all the control units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.