BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Manual Windows to Power Windows Conversion

14K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cmac2012 
#1 ·
Do you think it is possible?

I am thinking about buying one with manual windows and I want to know if it's possible to convert or manual windows wouldn't be as bad as it sounds.

#4 ·
Bike in Thailand

You have some great ridin country in Thailand :thumbup:
Since this is a BMW forum I assume you want to buy that brand ;)
I'd rather start of with smething smaller before your family has to pay hospital/funeral costs :yikes:

Getting back to this thread: I'd rather install Electrical windows, than do any bodywork :eeps:
Simply because I am useless at that :(
You should know what your forté is :dunno:

#5 ·
You have some great ridin country in Thailand :thumbup:
Since this is a BMW forum I assume you want to buy that brand ;)
I'd rather start of with smething smaller before your family has to pay hospital/funeral costs :yikes:

Getting back to this thread: I'd rather install Electrical windows, than do any bodywork :eeps:
Simply because I am useless at that :(
You should know what your forté is :dunno:
Yeah, that is why it is a want to and I never did, lol.

I have very little experience with working on cars as of yet. I hope to learn something but I'd rather fix a power window than build one as a first job.

#13 ·
I have a Mercedes 300SD, 5 cyl diesel, auto. All they came with was auto. Some 5 cylinder-o-philes have adapted the 4 sp manual from the 240D of the era, the bell housing is similar, IINM. If I was rich and eccentric, I might spend major bank to have one built but holy crap, that would be hard to pull off in a home shop. Just getting the clutch pedal right would be a challenge. It's an awkward place to work, even with the seat out. Just the work to attach a framework to support the hinge of the clutch pedal would be a major chore. Maybe I'm getting too old, not sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.