BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rate my car

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tee95E38 
#1 ·
I'll be honest I'm 17, got this as my first car over thanksgiving from my grandpa's friend for free! I thinks it's pretty cool, love the gear box cause the car was made in Germany and not here. I just want to get someone else's perspective on my car from people who love BMW just as much as I do! I'd also really appreciate rim and tire suggestions, muffler, anything you want to point out really! Performance parts, body kits, head and tail lights! I have a minor oil leak that I'm gonna have fixed soon and I also think the front passenger side u-joint ball bearing is goin out too! I'm just lookin for tips and stuff ill answer any question to my best ability and I will post more pics if asked as soon as possible!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I suggest you start by bringing the car's maintenance up to par. Have the car scanned for any OBD fault codes, cooling system and suspension overhaul; brake, oil and diff fluid change; drive belts change and timing chain tensioner/guide inspection. Once the car is sound, you can lower it with Bilstein struts and eichbach springs. Muffler choices are plentiful. Many people install magnaflow, remus, or dinan pans to change the exhaust tone; while others desiring to keep things quiet just cut the rear valance and weld on stainless steel exhaust tips.

#6 ·
Service it first!! Insp2 + anything else you find. IMO it will already out perform most others in handling and braking. Top speed just looses your license.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.