BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Cold Weather Package

15K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Lilbling 
#1 ·
Anyone know why an E89 would have the cold weather package WITHOUT the heated steering wheel? I bought mine pre-owned and always wondered why this was omitted. The only thing I can think of is that it was a lease and I think these cars were specially configured by the dealers.

#2 ·
You can have heated seats without the cold weather package. The heated seats were an independnt option. Cold weather package includes heated steering wheels, heated seats and headlight washers.

#3 ·
Like Rafele noted - If you have the Cold Weather Package (ZCW) - you should have all this for your MY. If no Headlight washers = no ZCW

ZCW Cold Weather Package
248 Heated Steering Wheel
493 Storage package
494 Heated front seats
4UT Through-loading system with integrated transport bag
502 Retractable headlight washers

You could buy Heated Front Seats & Through Loading/Storage separately.

#4 ·
I understand that the MSport option deletes the heated steering wheel from the CWP.

#5 ·
Would not see why: my car has heated Msport steering wheel. It is an is though.

#11 ·
How strange, if you have the headlight washers then you do have CWP since it is the only way to get it. I guess only the 35i and above got the heated steering wheel as part of the package? Or it was deleted by the M sport package on 28i/30i?

#12 ·
I have the code ZCW- Cold Weather Package with the heated steering wheel on my 2009 35i.

#13 ·
The Cold Weather Package on the 28i and 35i have the heated steering wheel. At least for the 2014 build on the BMW site, there isn't even a CWP for the 35is, only the option to add heated seats.

So I guess that prior IS models might have had a CWP code, but still didn't include a heated steering wheel.

#16 ·
When I built my 2013 IS, I did have to order the CWP and I do have the heated steering wheel. It was on the site and build sheet. Weird. The dealers on CPOs sometimes play fast & loose with the citing of packages and BMW has had a bad habit of small tweaks to packages based upon engine / trim level.

Not for nothing, but its awesome. Even when its not that cold out, sometimes the heated wheel just makes my hands feel better.

#18 ·
I've got a 2011 35is with cold weather package and have heated seats, heated steering wheel and headlight washers.
Just in case everyone isn't aware, all E89 Z4s have the plastic cover below the headlights where the washers would be, having the covers alone doesn't mean that the car is equipped with headlight washers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.