BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Which Exterior Color with Opal White/Amaro Brown Interior?

Exterior color

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  mlai 
#1 · (Edited)
Can't decide between Frozen Bronze Metallic and Ruby Black Metallic. I guess I am attracted to Frozen Bronze as its new color but can't find it in person to see. Interior choice is fixed: Opal White with Amaro Brown Merino leather and White Ash Grain Wood Trim. :dunno: HELP:mad:

#2 ·
Both are beautiful colors. I'd probably opt for a rare black, like Ruby or Citrin, as resale is going to be higher on a metallic black. The Frozen Bronze gets big points for being rare and new, but it does run the risk of being a fad that won't be popular when you go to sell the car. All that being said, you should get the color you want. I was worried about the upkeep on a Carbon Black car, but on my $100k sports coupe, I really didn't want to compromise.

I don't think I actually answered the question... lol

#4 ·
But which colour will keep you looking at your car? I like both, but I think the Ruby Black is the better looking of the 2. I'm inclined to agree with Southern that the frozen colours are much of a fad...great to look at now, but after a while show me something else. What I've seen of the Ruby Black is that it shows different depending on the light. That's cool! Also, ever since the days of Hot Rod magazine, I've always loved those "black cherry" colours!

#5 ·
I don't see myself getting sick of my frozen bronze because it's frozen, I do think there is a chance of me getting sick of the bronze color in general. But that would have been the case if it were metallic too.

I parked next to a Mercedes yesterday that was matte grey and few days ago next to a matte black car. The frozen colors on the BMW have more shine than a typical matte car, it almost looks half matte.

In my opinion if you are for sure going with that interior combination, I would go with the frozen bronze as well, the car is very unique with the two combined. Any other interior combination, I would go with ruby black.

#6 ·
One last note, are you going with msport or non msport? If you are going with msport I would go with ruby black, the owner of our local dealership has a frozen bronze with msport and I really don't think it works well with the bronze. The msport always looks great in black though.

#8 · (Edited)
You can actually get all the individual colors with the msport package. The only thing you will not be able to get is the individual steering wheel and possibly individual door sill finishers. People with non individual packages and non msport were able to get the sill plates by only choosing an individual color, so I would guess you can request them if you get the msport package too.

BTW if you don't want the individual steering wheel and you are not getting the msport package then don't get the individual package. Just choose the individual colors, you will get everything in the package either way. The individual steering wheel ends up being about a 2k option because of this.

#10 ·
Another thing to add is that the individual doesn't have heating. Don't get me wrong I love the look of my wood inlay wheel, it gives the car a very unique look especially with the black and white contrast. But I just wanted to make sure that you know it really isn't an $800 option like bmw claims, it's a 2k option.

#11 ·
Yeah, the heated steering wheel is a good option. I never had it before my 6er, and now I'm in love with it - and I live in Alabama. It is a thick, massive steering wheel, and it becomes an ice cube and doesn't warm up in a hurry. I considered skipping the $750 cold weather package and just getting the $500 heated seats alone, but I'm soooo glad I got the heated wheel as well.

#12 · (Edited)
I want heated wheel (my current 5 has it and can't imagine driving in NYC cold without heated seats and wheels) and M wheel is fantastic. I don't care that much about individual steering wheel and looking @ southern6er22's 20" wheels, I will have to get them as well! I am dedicated audio listener but also believe that car is not the ideal place for music reproduction.....how is premium sound? Do I have to stretch the wallet further for Bang and Olufsen?

#13 ·
I regret pairing on the B&O every single day. I recently listened to several select songs in an M5 fitted with B&O at the Performance Center recently, and it reaffirmed my regret. I admit, a lot of it is due to the looks I'm missing out on, but the sound is really good. The Premium is no slouch, but, comparatively, the B&O is in a whole different league.

#17 ·
$3700 is a very small amount of money if it is something that will nag at you every day. I thought I'd be okay with passing on it, but I was wrong.

I don't want to make the Premium Sound sound like a bad system - it isn't - but I don't want you to end up in my shoes. It may not be an issue to you, but if you think it might be...

#15 ·
Ruby black! Classy:thumbup:

Frozen Bronze is great to catch attention in the beginning. But I have a feeling that people's interest in that will fade.

In any case, it is very easy to just wrap the car in matte whatever color......

#20 · (Edited)
Very true. I would do the same.

Some real-life pictures of my RB 6GC (with some fairly dirty wheels):

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.