BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F12/F13 Picture Thread

53K views 287 replies 34 participants last post by  TopDownInFL 
#1 ·
I thought we should start one so those looking to purchase can see color, wheel, interior, etc options.

Feel free to post any and all pics of the F12/13 here!

Below are two pics I took this morning at the dealership.

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
Looks great emomoh!
'Cept for one other post (also poorly lit/no flash) I've not seen Silver Six here. I dig it.

The color variants really change up the car. I'm not normally into red ibut looks great on this year 6. Can't say I've seen a color I didn't really think looked great...

I used to live in SF/SF Bay Area-- you've got some of the best places to have a 6 in all the states!!!!! I miss that!!!!!!

ENJOY!!!!!

#46 ·
Here are some pics of different convertible colors/configurations I saw at the Performance Center this weekend:

1. Carbon Black with Black Roof (M Sport and non-Full LEDs, I believe).

2. Mojave with Black Roof (non-M Sport + Full LEDs).

The test car I drove for my PCD was a Vermillion Red with Black Roof and Black Nappa interior + DAP + CWP + luxury Seats; no LEDs; not sure about IAS or ARS.

Attachments

#49 ·
I'm thinking that car was probably a PCD That has been sitting for a couple days. Couldn't keep straight the purpose of all of their lots. More new/fairly BMWs than I have seen in my entire life.

I think I'd probably go for black sapphire and skip the M Sport or, more likely, go a completely different color and get the M Sport. I don't think I could pass up the exhaust and M steering wheel now that I'm hooked. This weekend I really learned to appreciate the steering wheel compared to other Bimmers. There was a definite difference in feel between the non-M 650 convertible and my M coupe. The M Sport exhaust + convertible seems like too good of a combo if I wanted a convertible. Then I could fully appreciate the increasing size of my carbon footprint while in Sport mode :)

#52 ·
I think those wheels are also exclusive to 650 M Sports. The 640 has a different 20" rim, I believe...

Wait, are you saying that BMW is publishing false information?!?!?!?! Especially regarding the 2012 6er?!?!

Their team really fell apart with getting their facts straight. I did, however, complain about the non-auto trunk, no soft-close, and no shadowline (especially the great expense aftermarket for something that should be included in a $4400 package) in my post-purchase survey where it asks about suggestions for BMW engineers. The dealer and sales team were great, I figured this was a good chance to voice some of these problems in a form that has a chance of being read by someone who might care - for half a second before it gets thrown into a stack with 100 other surveys lol.

#53 ·
According to the website, you can configure those 20" wheels (373M) on a 640 but who the hell really knows, right lol. Not even BMW. But Carbon Black is not a color option at all for the 650 Vert. Interesting.

I really hope they read the survey. I mean, who knows what the consumer wants more than the consumer. I think it's safe to assume that the majority would like the Shadowline on their M-Sport, soft-close and auto trunk. That's old stuff for BMW. How they didn't add that to their new 83K+ 6er is beyond me.

#54 ·
here is my 650i Xdrive Convertible, Carbon Black + M, Cinnamon Brown...

Attachments

#58 ·
Did you change out the brakes? I see the ///M logo on the front brakes in the 6th picture. Haven't seen those before.

#59 ·
no, no changes on the brakes, mine came like that I have black calipers with silver M logos on the fronts, I thought it was just part of the M sport kit.

#60 ·
Mine are plain gloss black without a logo or anything :(

I guess they changed that recently. Yours is the first (at least on a F12/F13) that I've seen with them. I recognized them as they look like the aftermarket/upgraded brakes for the new F30 as well as the new M6.

Just a bit jealous... haha

Attachments

#61 ·
interesting... mine is not that new, came in mid-January, early/mid December production. It was a custom order, where I added the M kit last minute with a call to Germany... Don't be jealous, I don't' think there is anything M about them, I thought it's just for the looks ;) I'll take some close up photos tomorrow for us to compare.

#62 ·
Very interesting. Mine went into production around the 20th of December, and I took delivery January 31st. It's weird that there is a difference, especially since our cars are basically identical (CB M Sport, xDrive, ARS, 373M wheels, etc.) other than yours being a convertible and having the cinnamon interior.

#63 ·
I was actually thinking to get it removed/painted black, it just shines through the wheels. I actually even had the S0320 - "model designation deletion" option on my order. I like the lean & clean look lol!

#66 · (Edited)
Very nice ride indeed!!!

Plasti-Dip only comes in matte, right? I definitely want a black grille on mine like you and Jonny, but still deciding between gloss and black. I think I may go gloss to match the gloss black wheels (I plan on doing) and the stock gloss Shadowline trim.

Speaking of which, your Shadowline trim looks matte as well. Did you Plasti-Dip that too or am I seeing things?

Also, is that "model designation deletion" option a joke or are you serious? Lol. What else can they do when you custom order??? Just when I thought I did all my research...

I better stop looking for these things before I drive my sales manager crazy with last minute changes. Haha

#67 ·
regular plastidip is matte but they recently came up with some new enhancers glossifier, metallizer etc., so you basically do the matte and then put couple of layers of glossifier to make it glossy black or metalizer to make it like gun metal (http://www.youtube.com/user/DipYourCarcom?feature=watch#p/a/u/2/2INDcL22Twk).

The shadow line trims are not plastidipped they are painted matte black because of the rest of the black trim pieces (i.e. underneath the mirror caps, windshield strip, folding top cover etc.) are matte I thought it'll blend in better.

I'm not joking about the model designation deletion, option 320 or S0320 - Modellschriftzug Entfang. I even pushed for soft-close doors - S0323 but they refused, I don't know if I was too late or because it was a U.S. spec car but I heard this years' models will have it as standard at some point. There is some interesting stuff too like S0XL1 (wood inlay for the steering wheel matching the interior wood trim). These don't show up on U.S. order form but they can always request it, it's up to Germany to say yay or nay. I'll find the list.

#68 ·
Yes, I think the matte trim does look better on the convertible, especially with the folding top cover.

I wonder why they are so stingy with options that we should be able to have, considering other models have them. It's not like they have to fabricate something new. It's already there!

Also, nice touch on the black/white roundels

Thanks for the link!

#69 ·
It seems like letting us pay for the extra options would just be extra cash in their pockets. Not quite sure how that works. If someone has a plausible explanation I'd love to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.