BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

No longer able to send address to BMW iDrive via google

5K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  HokieXDriver 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone else having this issue?

Google says message was sent, but iDrive not receiving the message.

Sending via the BMW app still works though.

#3 ·
Happened to me last night... was wondering if I just thought I sent it, but forgot to...

#5 ·
Yes, the new version of google maps is very annoying. If you go in the upper right corner and revert back to the Classic Maps you can get it back. I complained to Google about this. Not that I think they'll listen to me. The entire right click menu is gone though.

#10 ·
I am also having the same issue. I called BMWNA and they said it was the new IPHONE software I told them I don't have an IPHONE. They instructed me to call BMW assistance so I did they said it was googles error. I went to the dealer and they said they haven't herd of the error. I have two BMWs (X3/328) both 2013 and the same problem with both it worked Monday.

#11 ·
Google is in the process of migrating Send To Car to the new version of maps.

If you attempt to send an address to the car in the old version, a warning will come up about how to make the changes in the new maps and that they are working to get this live soon. It appears we are in a point in time where the PC version of Google maps will not send any addresses to our cars. For the time being, use only the BMW Remote app.

BJ

#18 ·
I assume this functionality isn't just included when you get a car with Nav. Is there a monthly or annual subscription that you have to pay for?

#21 ·
Is no-one else having the issue I'm seeing with v2.6 (latest) of the BMW Remote app?

When I search for something like Bauhaus Coffee the results show 50 destinations i.e. anything to do with coffee in the area, making it useless. My workaround is to do the search on Google Maps app, then copy/paste the full address into the BMW remote App to send to the car's Nav. The older version of BMW Remote didn't have this problem.

#22 ·
I'm having both problems
1. "Send to vehicle" appears to work from app, but never received by car
2. Google search shows excessive "pins" on map even though search was for exact name of restaurant

Both problems coincide with "upgrade" to latest Apple iOS (and latest BMW Remote app)

Hope they're fixed soon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#23 ·
I'm having both problems
1. "Send to vehicle" appears to work from app, but never received by car
2. Google search shows excessive "pins" on map even though search was for exact name of restaurant

Both problems coincide with "upgrade" to latest Apple iOS (and latest BMW Remote app)

Hope they're fixed soon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I am on ios7 (on an iPhone 4s) and BMW Remote v2.6.

'Send to vehicle' is working fine for me.

I have the same problem with Google Search within BMW Remote App, workaround using Google Maps as I posted above.

#31 ·
As BJ posted earlier, Google is in the process of rolling out an updated Maps application. "Send to Car" has apparently taken one for the team while Google sorts out the kinks. They posted a warning that end-user changes were needed but may not have realized they caused a problem on their end, until reports started to roll in.

#32 ·
It should be working from google maps again for everybody. I took my car in today for an unrelated issue and asked my SA about this because send-to-car was not working for me, at least as of a few days ago when I last tried it. He showed me a Service Bulletin that said BMW was aware of the issue and that it should be resolved now.

#38 ·
I had the same problem. Add to that, when I went to BMW Assist off the idrive menu, I had service messages showing up in parenthesis

I called the BMW Assist 800 number. At first, they did a reset (whatever that means) -- to no avail. Called them back and they passed it on to their Tech support and after about 48 hours, I am now getting myInfo message from Google in my car

Hope that helps!

#41 ·
Google maps (Classic) (Windows) are working however it works the same as send to car (Android).It apparently only sends the destination address. I seem to remember when using Google maps it transmitted the route. I tried adding destinations and they show on the Google map correctly but the BMW GPS takes a different and I might add incorrect way to the point I want to go to. I tried this with both of my 2013 BMWs. I am at the point of giving up and getting a Garmin.

#42 ·
You need a "code" (configuration change) to the car to have it accept routes rather than just destinations. But even so, you can't just send a route to the car over the telematics system. You have to convert the route to a special XML format and then upload it to the car via the USB port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.