BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Heater only comes on when turned to 4

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  toybuilder 
#1 ·
Hi All,

So this just started yesterday, with of course at least another month of cold winter weather left in Virginia. The heater dial will not work unless I crank it all the way to 4. This morning, as I had it on full blast (20F degrees) and made a slight sharp turn, it sounded like there was a motor cycle at full rev inside my car, i promptly turned off my heater, the sound stopped. After being home for approx. 20 minutes, i headed to work and turned the heat on (all the way to the 4th setting) and it wasn't making the sound any more, but it definitely is still not working on lower dial settings. Help!! not sure if its the blower motor, or what. - thanks, freezing to death in VA :thumbdwn::cry:

#5 ·
check your heater fan/blower also

Because you said you had a crazy noise when you turned a corner ,you should have a look at your the fan for the heater as well as the resistor .I've found they like to go out together .You can look in most repair manuals for the removal / testing procedure or if you message me I'll give you my phone # so you can call me an I'll walk you though it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.