BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What Price is Right for 2008 CPO?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  spiralynt 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a CPO 2008 Coupe with 24000 miles. I'm going to go see it tomorrow and would like to go pre-armed with a negotiating price point and rationale. The sticker price is $55K. All I have to go on at the moment is the KBB price, which is higher. State is CA.

Here's the option list.
COLD WEATHER PKG -inc: heated steering wheel, ski bag, heated front seats (ZCW)
PREMIUM SOUND PKG -inc: 6-disc CD changer, premium hi-fi system, ipod/USB adapter (ZPS)
SPORT PKG -inc: 19" x 8.5 front & 19" x 9.0" rear wheels (style 249), P245/40R19 front & P275/35R19 rear performance tires, sport seats, shadowline trim (ZSP)
6-SPEED SPORT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION -inc: shift paddles (2TB)
COMFORT ACCESS SYSTEM (322)
NASCA LEATHER DASHBOARD (REQ: LE__ Pearl Leather Seat Trim) (4M5)
DARK BIRCH WOOD TRIM (436)
HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT (5AC)
LANE DEPARTURE WARNING (5AD)
HEAD-UP DISPLAY (610)
HIGH-DEFINITION RADIO (653)
SATELLITE RADIO -inc: (1) year subscription (655)

See less See more
#2 ·
Sent you a PM!

#3 ·
Is that the car at McKenna BMW? Seems very similar to the one they have listed. I honestly wouldn't pay more than $51K for it given what the Manheim auctions look like right now.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a similar car with 17K, non-CPO for $47K out the door. Talked to my service rep and he said that an EasyCare warranty will set me back $4K which still puts me ahead over $3K (sales tax).

Whatever you decide, good luck to you!!

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes, it's the McKenna one. I'm also going to look at two others in the area. I was about to pull the trigger on a new one at a deep discount, but I'll be even happier to save $25K and get one lightly used with a 100K mile warranty.

#6 ·
We are in 2010 , so 55K sounds rather high to me....

#7 ·
I picked up my new (to me) one on Friday, helluva deal and wow what a difference from 06 to 08!

#11 ·
I would think you should be able to get the 2008 for about 50 to 52 K. It has low mileage and it is a CPO so I think it is a fair price. I bought a low mileage ...11k late 2006 model in Jan 09 for 52k. I had a deposit on a 2009 that would have been 97K.....feel much better about the CPO one I bought!

#12 ·
Some of you might remember my post about a year ago when I detailed how I got an insane deal on a brand new leftover 08. The dealer was pissed because they lost money on the deal, but they took my check all the same. It was a confluence of a number of things, including what was a dark market environment at the time, but a lot of it had to with sticking firm to the following:

Expanding my perimeter of search, using every imaginable tool, being patient, being persistent, being unreasonable, and most of all, being EXTREMELY professional at all times, especially in the face of an irritated salesman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.