BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pay It Forward

131K views 166 replies 75 participants last post by  rmepilot 
#1 ·
Hello All, I have asked that the moderators create a sticky called "Pay It Forward."

This will be a thread that we can post items that we may not need that others do. This would be a "No Strings" attached other than goodwill and karma.

Please let KrisL and Tim330 know that you support this idea via Pm or post and we can get things started. I tip my hat to Cubed as he is really the one I got the idea from. :thumbup: after giving away a set of wheels to a lucky recipient.

Cheers,

EE

Reactions: yodude66
#63 ·
Amps

Hi Folks,

I dont think these will really apply to our X3's, but someone who has a little weekend ripper might like one. Meaning I really wouldn't use them in our X3 but if you have a little miata or something like that, they would be great to drive two good six inch speakers.

I have two brand new in a box 50 w/ch 2 channel amps. Please only one to a user. If you have a fedex or ups account you may have one.

They are approx 12 in long by 8 in side by 2 in thick.

Cleaning out my tech room as I finally got the new house and we move in two weeks.

They have never been used and essentially alpine wannabe's ( an engineer friend of mine has a small company he mfg car amps).

PM me if you would like one. I stress ONE to a person. There are two to be given away.

Stay tuned as after the house finances are settled I will be buying some kind of new car toy. Don't know if I will keep the X3 and buy a two seater or finally buy an S4 and get rid of the X3. Either way there will be toys to be had stereo wise as I am ready to build a new sound system in something.

#64 ·
Oh well..no one spoke up so they went to some needy neighborhood kids.

Cheers,

#66 · (Edited)
Have my eye on some new amps, so some of my other alpines will be up for grabs soon :)

Anytime, don't believe in selling electronics (especially car ones) at any price.

No way to guarantee their life and just seems every little bit of good karma helps along the way :)

#71 ·
Stereo Stuff

I have an adapter plate for installing an aftermarket stereo as well as a BMW harness that breaks out to standard wiring. This means you unplug your stock stereo plug this in and wire up. They are used but in working condition. I will put them in a box and you can pm me for arrangements of shipping.

The adapter will not bypass the stock amp. It allows for power and speaker breakouts.

As always the items are free..sorry shipping is not. :)

Please read the sticky sound improvement stage one before the normal barrage of questions.

Cheers,

EE

#72 ·
Congratz Dominic with the wiring harness. Tempted to throw in the Alpine H/U and really freak you out but a buddy claimed it the minute it came out of the dash, LOL.

Someone asked about the speakers. Nope I am leaving some lucky unsuspecting person the Alpines in the car. They are only $50 a pair and replacement nylon clips run about $30.

I pulled all the other gear out and the car is back to factory new so :p:p:p:p:p to all you people that gave me crap five years ago about installing an aftermarket system and how I was going to ruin the car and here this for good measure :bareass: HAHAHAHA sorry i had to say something after all the crap I got from folks years ago (not you guys of course).

#75 ·
The Winner is.......

The winner is........

ENIG44.....you have 48 hours from 12/03/12 12:01 to AM.

The prize is of course a Touch Up pen in Sapphire Metallic Paint pen, Clear Lacquer pen, and prep solution.

Second Pick will be:

X3 Brian if he does not contact me in time.

cheers and enjoy.....remember Pay it Forward..Good karma always comes back to you....

#76 ·
X3 Brian You are up. Gave ample time to claim the prize.

#80 ·
Recently changed plugs on my 04, mechanic said it showed slight oil and I would be due soon for the gasket change... If no one else has an immediate need I'd gladly put it to use in the next couple of months.

#82 ·
I'll give up an extra i just got in hand as well, if someone needs it and is willing to pay shipping (only because of its odd size).

Driver side front fender flare (off 2004), probably 8/10 due to some nicks from normal wear.

I also have a 2.5 badge if someone needs that, will ship for free of course.

Attachments

#83 ·
Hi All!

I am new to this forum and BMWs, but thankfully as I was doing some research I found the thread on Left Rear Window, and I just saved myself a whole $400. Yaayy....

In keeping with the thread, I could really use tires for my X3. Its a 2005, and used is welcome. I am in NJ :)

#84 ·
San Francisco Bay Area -- Six Spark Plugs for 2004-2006

Hello All,

I have a six NGK Laser Platinum BKR6EQUIP 3199 that I waited too long to return. These will only work with the M54 engine, X3's from 2004-2006 which isn't in my 2007 X3.

Link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674595&highlight=

I'd prefer to not have to send them, a local pickup in San Francisco is prefered.

PM me if you can use them.

Thanks,
Mike

#88 · (Edited)
Free brand-new K&N 33-2078 Replacement Air Filter to the first PM I get. Ok, the filter will not fit the X3...but some of you may have another BMW vehicle and it may fit....I bought the wrong K&N filter online and don't want the trouble of paying to ship it back and pay to get it shipped back to me--so you will benefit from my boo boo...I will also include FREE SHIPPING!. Here's a list of vehicles this air filter will fit: http://www.knfilters.com/search/applications.aspx?prod=33-2078

If no takers, I'll post same over the 1988-1995 BMW forums.
Tony

#89 · (Edited)
UPDATE: 19 Jan--the filter has an owner now.

Free brand-new K&N 33-2078 Replacement Air Filter to the
first PM I get. Ok, the filter will not fit the X3...but some of you may have another BMW vehicle and it may fit....I bought the wrong K&N filter online and don't want the trouble of paying to ship it back and pay to get it shipped back to me--so you will benefit from my boo boo...I will also include FREE SHIPPING!. Go to K&N website to see if it fits your vehicle.

If no takers, I'll post same over the 1988-1995 BMW forums.
Tony

#90 ·
For Shipping: used Headlght switch with front and rear fog light switches. Just pay shipping (should fit in flat rate box)

2007-2010 (LCI models only (New taillights))

This switch is from ECSTuning, not sure they even offer them for sale anymore.

It allows the use of the rear fog lights and also has a green LED to inform you of when the head lights are on when set to automatic. Also does really well at getting tail-gaters off of your bumper : - )

This switch was a Xenon/Auto windshield wiper model. I was using it on my non-xenon/auto wiper model, without issues.

It works great. The switch is mounted in a right hand drive surround and with a torex bit the switch can be removed and put in your left hand surround. After that it is just plug-and-play. I used a credit card to remove the existing switch surround. Less than 15 minute job.

Steve

#91 ·
I'm interested.

Just want to clarify: I have xenons, and I assume it'll work with them. I searched this forum and it looks like ECS offered a xenon and a non-xenon version of the switch. Sounds like you're offering the xenon version?

I'll PM you.

Thanks for keeping this Pay It Forward going! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.