BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Forever Black Trim Dye

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  chizao 
#1 ·
I just got done applying this stuff. It seems to be used a lot by detailers on black trim that is pretty faded.

Now mine wasn't that bad, but I was getting paranoid about the white paint transfer from some crazy driver on my black trim, so I decided to give it a try.

I will get pics tomorrow, but it turned out real well, though it took more than one coat to get a nice even coat. Highly recommend it for faded black trim.

I would like to try it on my grill which now doesn't match the rest of the trim :rofl:, so can you please tell me how to remove it...
Thanks

#3 ·
I have used the Forever Black for some of my older BMW's that I own, and it works very well. The Forever Black will fade off in a year, or so if your car is outside in the hot weather. I try too keep my cars in the garage, but I ran out of room, so I keep my older models outside. Overall it makes a big difference. I hope you love it:thumbup:

#4 ·
Yeah, it made a big difference!
The car is normally garaged kept, but looks like it will be outside my first semester at school.

I just tried a bit on the grill without taking it out and it didn't work on it, so I guess I will paint it with some trim paint in a rattle can. Just need to figure out how to take it out...

#6 ·
Not looking to blacken the chrome, I just want to restore the black "gills" within the grill.

I found how to remove it, looks like I have to remove the black engine cover and then the grill is held in with clips. Looks like a job for another weekend.

#8 ·
Very easy to remove the grills, and no real need to remove the black cover, though it might be easier the first time around.
Simply hit the black grills with the heel of your hand towards the engine. then the chrome trim can be removed and you can reach in and pull the gills out.

#9 ·
open the hood mate, then there is a plastic cover just above them. Its like a fan protector. Unscrew that and take it off. From here u can see the back of the grill. Just try to unclip the back part and they should fall apart and out. Paint them. Put the grill back together (its 2 peices) and then just push them back in from the front of the car. Then put the plastic protector back on :)

#12 ·
I am not sure if it is for sale in europe, but you can order it from this site.

http://www.properautocare.com/foreverblack.html?gclid=CKnt6Y3q5owCFQcmgAodATzB0g

International Shipping Charges: All international orders are shipped via USPS Global Express Mail. Please select your country from the drop-down box and complete the information including a valid email address. The Shipping & Billing page will not show a shipping charge. Submit your order and someone from our Customer Service Department will email you your total including the shipping cost. This cost includes Handling, Packing and Insurance. It does not include taxes, duties, or brokerage fees that may be added by your country upon delivery.

Note: Global Express Mail Rates increased May 15, 2007. Please call us at (813) 884-9999 to place your order by phone, or fax it to (813) 884-9915

It might not be worth it because of the shipping rate, but thats up to you.

#15 ·
Maybe I don't understand the correct name for it...

You see in your signature Dom how the outside of the grills are chrome, well I don't want to touch that part, I like mine chrome too. I want to restore the black color on the vertical black "lines" within each chrome trim.

#19 ·
Well it also says you can use it on engine hoses which I would imagine would stay black forever seeing as they hardly ever get touched. This product can also be used on wheel wells, handles, mirrors, running boards ect...

I guess the more exposed and handled the part you are applying it to, the less is lasts.

But then again I also use a trim restorer on all black trim regardless which I apply after every weekly wash to help keep trim black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.