BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rear entertainment

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Mustafa khwaja 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
My DVD changer in boot for rear entertainment has gone out of order
Is there any other brand compatible to BMW which I can use instead of getting original BMW DVD changer

#2 ·
Bluetooth

Dear members
In my 7 series e65 year 2004 I can see the option of Bluetooth but my phone never gets connected to it
Do I have to install some kite for connecting these or what
Furthermore in the car phone my one sim works whereas no other sims get detected
Does anyone have any solution for these two
Thnx

#6 ·
Yes bro I do have it but it's totally damaged as told to me by my mechanis as have bought the car used and it's not in a condition to be repaired
Broi I See u everywhere on the 7 series forum which means u have good know how OF 7 series
Canu. Guide me thst when I unlock my car from remote by pressing the button once, all the car gets unlocked whereas I want that by pressing the emote once only drivers door should get unlocked and on second press remaining gets unlocked
Can v do this
Furthermore any idea about my Bluetooth and sim query
Thnx

#8 ·
Dear busarider
DVD changer does not come out whe nene ted and does not respond which when opened by the audio mechanic, he told me that it was completely dead
That bmut kit, can I get on ebay bad around how much n will a normal audio installer be able to fit it and get my phone one ted to it
Also does that kit stream music as well
Ok key I'll get configured from a local dealer

#11 ·
The software in the front MMI (front display) does not support Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), or bluetooth audio streaming as you call it. Even if you remove your existing TCU and replace with a TCU 1.5 which can support A2DP, there is no way to enable the function on the E65/E66.

The BTUM does not support A2DP, just pairing of a mobile phone.

If you have a SIM card in your front drawer, your TCU likely only supports bluetooth pairing with the BMW handset which docks in that front drawer. See photo. You may be able to code it to support pairing with other phones, but I'm not familiar with your TCU system.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
Friends plz advise that in my e 65 2004 the car phone is placed in the front console and is of Motorolla brand but I don't know the model of the phone n have ordered btum of Motorolla from ebay
Will that btum use already present mic near drivers sun visor and will it also be able to stream music
The reason I again asking about music streaming is bcoz while buying from ebay it was mentioned there tht this will also stream music
Also does anyone have the method of installing that btum
Furthermore friends in our cars there's no reverse camera but only sensors which are shown in the front screen so us it possible that v can get a reverse camera there
If yes then what do v hv to install in addition so that reverse camera starts operating
A camera and do v also need a reverse camera module or interface
Plz advise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.