BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#69,141 ·
#69,142 ·
It just occurred to me that I'm only going to get half a paycheck next week because I get no PTO for the holiday. And the half of the paycheck I do get will be spent on gas to get to my parent's house and back. There goes my daily driver savings for the month.

I'm so sick of being a contract employee its not even funny.
This blows... Sorry to hear that.

I only get to take a week off whenever this baby shows up because thats all the PTO I have saved up. Doubt that makes you feel better :dunno:

#69,143 ·
This blows... Sorry to hear that.

I only get to take a week off whenever this baby shows up because thats all the PTO I have saved up. Doubt that makes you feel better :dunno:
Does your state not have short term payments for that so you can take longer? When I took off the state paid back a small portion of my lost salary.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#69,144 ·
Does your state not have short term payments for that so you can take longer? When I took off the state paid back a small portion of my lost salary.

Not paid... I could take up to 6 weeks off of job protected leave. but unpaid... I won't go into detail, but that would amount to about $6k of lost income. :thumbdwn:

#69,145 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I found something that might be a pretty good deal...

2001 330i 5 speed, 117k, front end damage, still runs/drives fine, clean title, and the guy said he'd take $1900 for it.. I didn't offer anything for it, but I dont think it'd be hard to drop that down a couple hundred bucks. He said he's got an offer for $900 for the motor alone..

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3367214551.html

I was thinking it wouldnt be bad to either part it out, or fix it up and eventually supercharge or LS swap..

front end damage:

Attachments

#69,148 ·
I just don't like the E46's... call me strange, but that is a generation that I hope to skip.
Hi Strange.

Which would you like to skip to? The E90? F30? Don't like either of them, I think the E46 nailed the balance of luxury and sport , its probably my favorite 3.

#69,150 ·
Hi Strange.

Which would you like to skip to? The E90? F30? Don't like either of them, I think the E46 nailed the balance of luxury and sport , its probably my favorite 3.

I think this will be my last 3 series until the 320d comes out and I can aford it. The 135 might be the next car... however, that was the plan before a car seat had to be a requirement. But I could be happy in a 330 E90

#69,151 ·
Left rear wheel looks messed up (bent control arms or worse). And of course, you need to know if the rest of the frame has any damage.

Although the E46 is screwed together better, I actually think the E36 is considerably better looking than the E46, however.
Ok i'm glad someone else noticed the back left wheel as well (I saw it right after I posted it here). I'll probably pass just because of the potential headache..

#69,153 ·
I could also be happy with the new F30
I need to go drive one and find out. They look better than the E90 (but what doesn't) but I'm not a big fan of the headlights and grilles touching.

#69,155 ·
I'm waiting to see if the 2-Series is any good, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
I'm really disgusted with how convoluted their lineup is becoming. Let's go back to 1999:
3, 5, 7, 8, Z3, Z8, X5. Perfect.

#69,157 · (Edited)
I don't like E46 sedans. the E46 coupes look alright to me. though it could look like a chevy cavalier as long as it has that S54 pushing it.
Only thing I like about the E46 is the drivetrain and the interior. Although I think I would like the E36 interior better if it didn't rattle and the door panels were better. I just like the old school look. People think I'm crazy when I say I'd rather have the stock headunit over a new one.
Although the E46 is screwed together better, I actually think the E36 is considerably better looking than the E46, however.
Agreed.

I'm really disgusted with how convoluted their lineup is becoming. Let's go back to 1999:
3, 5, 7, 8, Z3, Z8, X5. Perfect.

Amen to that.

Hey guys, I found something that might be a pretty good deal...

2001 330i 5 speed, 117k, front end damage, still runs/drives fine, clean title, and the guy said he'd take $1900 for it.. I didn't offer anything for it, but I dont think it'd be hard to drop that down a couple hundred bucks. He said he's got an offer for $900 for the motor alone..

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3367214551.html

I was thinking it wouldnt be bad to either part it out, or fix it up and eventually supercharge or LS swap..

front end damage:
I wouldn't mess around with that frame damage. That front corner is folded up pretty bad.

#69,160 ·
pics?

and slam the e38 to the groundddd
Chad doesn't modify cars, he DEmodifies them. :rofl:

This is great. Ford creates a commercial for the new Fusion showing the car being jumped off a cliff.

http://youtu.be/R-sJ4V9x6Xk

But rather than using CGI for the jump footage, they actually jumped a Fusion!

http://youtu.be/0WQwebJ5kQ0

Awesome.
Meh, it's no kickflip :p

http://youtu.be/iuvoSw1TiJ8

Yes. However, you need the coils from the respective era of the VC, and you would need to make an adapter for the CCV.
Dis :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.