BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

why no full LED headlight option on BMW

6K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  JustinTJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Forward LED lighting is starting to replace xenon on the high end cars. On the A6, A7, A8 and R8 you can get full LED headlights. I think BMW missed an opportunity to differentiate itself as an innovator with the 3 series and go to market with the full LED option in all of the ads. They're certainly charging enough for the car, about $5000 more than the e90 in 2005. The xenons should be standard on the 328i, and the LED should be in the 335i premium package. Instead no one is getting xenon in a 328i 2.0T unless they drop $45k. Color me unimpressed.

#7 ·
F30 - the BMW apologist forum. Let's have an honest discussion guys. People who are getting halogen lights - are you really satisfied with that? For the people who have money and want everything, are you really defending the inability to opt in to forward LED lighting?

I'm here saying I want to go back to BMW. I'm not impressed that they took the A4 standard equipment list from 2008 and built a 3 series from it. I'm not going to give up a 6 cylinder with MT and be told that a 4 cylinder automatic is really the fastest and most sensible choice. Because I'm the customer. Or, I was.

#9 ·
F30 - the BMW apologist forum. Let's have an honest discussion guys. People who are getting halogen lights - are you really satisfied with that? For the people who have money and want everything, are you really defending the inability to opt in to forward LED lighting?

I'm here saying I want to go back to BMW. I'm not impressed that they took the A4 standard equipment list from 2008 and built a 3 series from it. I'm not going to give up a 6 cylinder with MT and be told that a 4 cylinder automatic is really the fastest and most sensible choice. Because I'm the customer. Or, I was.
you have some way of showing it...

#8 · (Edited)
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to your trolling post, but I am.

Audi's LED head lights are optional, including the A8 & A7.

BMW has chosen to mostly forego LED headlights. I believe they are available on the new 6er. BMW will shortly be introducing laser head lights, making LED head lights outdated.

The A4 does not have xenons standard. Neither does the Merc C. Neither the A4 nor the C Class offer LED head lights.

#14 ·
BMW likes to nickel and dime owners to **** them over. leather, xenons, heated seats, bluetooth, sunroof. all things BMW charges for, but Audi gives us standard

next gen A3 and A4 are getting full LED headlights. I know BMW just released the 6 with them
Audi does not include those things. do you know what your talking about? none of those things are standard. PLease do some research and stop saying false things.

lmao

#30 · (Edited)
I didn't pay for leather, xenons, heated seats, bluetooth or sunroof. I bought the base S4, which is in an equivalence class with the 335i sport line ($44,995). I also didn't pay for floor mats, my first oil change, folding rear seats, sirius, ipod, homelink. I got a discount for MT instead of no cost option. I got a discount for having a BMW from the MFR.

My only surprise with Audi is it is so heavy and fast that I need to buy a $4500 set of front Brembo brakes for the track. I hadn't factored that one in. It's a good problem to have, I suppose.

#32 ·
For once, I agree with West. The option you to death way of BMW is quite annoying. Fold down seat, Xenon, Leather, Sat Radio, Power Seats should be standard in a car like this.

I'm still getting an F30 though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.