BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Sunroof Blues...

7K views 130 replies 25 participants last post by  Nevervana 
#1 ·
Biggest disappointment of the day for this soon to be 6 series owner.

Absolutely love the car in every way, shape, and form ... but ...

Sunroof doesn't open.

Unbelievable.

Any "mod" available for that?

I love having my sunroof actually open. Living here in San Diego where it was 81 degrees today.... in January ...

Very very very disappointed by this.

#103 ·
SmoothCruise said:
Once the Chinese learn about lawsuits, that will change quickly.
It will spell the beginning of the end for them!!;)

I have a new twist on an old saying.....Attorneys are like a$$holes (should I stop there?) everyone needs one and they most often stink!!

With the exception of Malibubimmer of course :thumbup: !

#107 ·
Michigan

Steve-

Grew up in Troy and went to Eastern Michigan University. I have an Aunt and 3 cousins who live in Grosse Pointe North, one is an Eye Doc, not sure what the other two do.

Left for SoCal in Nov. 1981, with $400 and no job, everyone thought I was just going through this *phase*- never went back home (except annual holiday visits) and eventually convinced my entire surviving family to move out here...My pops is 82 and loves it, he is a big golfer and since he lives in Liesure World (Laguna Woods) he can play for almost nothing-he loves THAT.:)

I look back and I did not fit in Michigan, if I could've left earlier I would have. Do not miss it, but I am sure that growing up there was a good thing for my development in many ways...you know those *midwestern roots*...well when I think about it I am not that well grounded, but I am sure it did SOME good.:thumbup:

Hpw bout you?

Cheers-
SD

#108 ·
Malibubimmer said:
Sure it is. The question was - what combines with oxygen to form water? What you been drinkin' SmoothCruise?
It's specifically 2 Hydrogen atoms, not just plain hydrogen. Is that what you were looking for, Smooth?

Whatever it is you are drinking, I want some too.

#109 ·
Boxboss said:
Hydrogen is the most promising alternative, but that has serious problems, too. It must be produced via nonfossil energy (water, wind, solar, nuclear) and it's just so darned explosive.
Which makes it one of the most overrated alternatives out there. Not to mention, we'd have to spend billions and billions of dollars just to convert every gas station, fuel trucks, etc to use hydrogen. It's irrational hype and environmental fashion that's driving the stock of hydrogen. It's wrong and it's irresponsible.

#111 · (Edited)
Skylar's Dad said:
Steve-

Grew up in Troy and went to Eastern Michigan University. I have an Aunt and 3 cousins who live in Grosse Pointe North, one is an Eye Doc, not sure what the other two do.

Left for SoCal in Nov. 1981, with $400 and no job, everyone thought I was just going through this *phase*- never went back home (except annual holiday visits) and eventually convinced my entire surviving family to move out here...My pops is 82 and loves it, he is a big golfer and since he lives in Liesure World (Laguna Woods) he can play for almost nothing-he loves THAT.:)

I look back and I did not fit in Michigan, if I could've left earlier I would have. Do not miss it, but I am sure that growing up there was a good thing for my development in many ways...you know those *midwestern roots*...well when I think about it I am not that well grounded, but I am sure it did SOME good.:thumbup:

Hpw bout you?

Cheers-
SD
Nice SD, i know Troy well. I had an uncle who lived there. My story goes like this, born in Edinburgh Scotland, lived there until i was 4. Then moved to London England til I was 7and my mother finished medical school and father finished his PhD program. At 7 we moved to Michigan where my mother did her residency and father opened up his own architecture firm. I grew up there until I was 14, then we moved to Irvine CA. I know Leisure World well...as a highschool kid my friends and I joked about not driving in that area because of the senior citizens driving around. Don't get me wrong, i love seniors and have nothing but the utmost respect for them. After Irvine my family and I moved to Laguna Niguel. I went off to College and four years later i moved to west los angeles. Did the whole apartment rental thing until i was able to build up enough capital for a down payment on a place of my own. About two years ago i bought a condo on wilshire blvd. in a high rise building. I'm actually putting it on the market this week. Looking to buy a home in either the Hollywood Hills or Calabasas. I loved the white christmas's my family and i had as a kid in Michigan. But like yourself i'm a die hard southern californian...except for the fact that I'm a Trojan hater, instead being a UM Wolverine fan. So that's it in a nutshell. I noticed that you're from Newps. That's cool..my folks have a few houses in southern Orange County beach cities. Love that area...REALLY love Lido Island and Balboa:thumbup:

#112 ·
Steve645 said:
Nice SD, i know Troy well. I had an uncle who lived there. My story goes like this, born in Edinburgh Scotland, lived there until i was 4. Then moved to London England til I was 7and my mother finished medical school and father finished his PhD program. At 7 we moved to Michigan where my mother did her residency and father opened up his own architecture firm. I grew up there until I was 14, then we moved to Irvine CA. I know Leisure World well...as a highschool kid my friends and I joked about not driving in that area because of the senior citizens driving around. Don't get me wrong, i love seniors and have nothing but the utmost respect for them. After Irvine my family and I moved to Laguna Niguel. I went off to College and four years later i moved to west los angeles. Did the whole apartment rental thing until i was able to build up enough capital for a down payment on a place of my own. About two years ago i bought a condo on wilshire blvd. in a high rise building. I'm actually putting it on the market this week. Looking to buy a home in either the Hollywood Hills or Calabasas. I loved the white christmas's my family and i had as a kid in Michigan. But like yourself i'm a die hard southern californian...except for the fact that I'm a Trojan hater, instead being a UM Wolverine fan. So that's it in a nutshell. I noticed that you're from Newps. That's cool..my folks have a few houses in southern Orange County beach cities. Love that area...REALLY love Lido Island and Balboa:thumbup:
:snooze:

#114 ·
Malibubimmer said:
I'm sorry Mal. My apologies that my paragraph about my up bringing, which SD asked about, isn't as amusing or entertaining as your thesis on ebay policies and procedure that you so kindly posted for us in another forum topic. Your discussion with Lawman about whether or not an M6 auction on ebay is legit had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't sit still while reading it.

#115 ·
Steve645 said:
I'm sorry Mal. My apologies that my paragraph about my up bringing, which SD asked about, isn't as amusing or entertaining as your thesis on ebay policies and procedure that you so kindly posted for us in another forum topic. Your discussion with Lawman about whether or not an M6 auction on ebay is legit had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't sit still while reading it.
Apologies accepted. I try not to mention my father's Nobel Prizes in medicine and literature, or my mother's $2 billion endowment, and all the land they own in Santa Barbara County (Santa Ynez, of course) in my posts, which I try to keep on topic and edifying. I send PMs to the people whom I want to know how rich, smart, handsome, modest and cool I am. :smokin:

#116 ·
Malibubimmer said:
Apologies accepted. I try not to mention my father's Nobel Prizes in medicine and literature, or my mother's $2 billion endowment, and all the land they own in Santa Barbara County (Santa Ynez, of course) in my posts, which I try to keep on topic and edifying. I send PMs to the people whom I want to know how rich, smart, handsome, modest and cool I am. :smokin:
An endowment? That's great man..congrats. SD asked me about my upbringing and i answered. Sorry if it bored you.

#117 ·
Make Love, not War.

And no bragging. Nothing worse than someone who loves themself too much.

Now back on topic.

I want my sunroof to fully open like a moonroof.

Steve, sell your wilshire place and mod my car with the proceeds.

Were you at Bev Hills BMW when I was there? I saw some computer looking guy there, staring at me with a mean look on his face.

You live right by the place.

You better not be stalking me.

#119 ·
Roots in the Midwest

Great backgrounder Steve-

I bet you will do well with that condo! Great area for the latest *jack* in home
prices. I know alot of people taking their cash off the table here in
SoCal, I have a 18 month old little girl so we will ride it out, doesn't seem to
be the *bubble* as everyone has suggested, time will tell.

We visit Agoura Hills because my sister in law lives over there, Calabassas
is nicer though, we love it down here...

ps...Malibu has this *lawyer* complex where he needs to be the *judge* and
the *jury* for every thing that happens on the board...I know all about it,
I married an attorney, she and Malibu would get along great, not much would get
done, but they would get along:rofl:

Cheers-
SD

#120 ·
Agoura is nice. My mom used to live there. Left their garage open all night once when they went out. Nothing happened. You do that in LA, your entire house would be stolen. You'll come home to an empty lot with some pipes sticking out the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.