BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I have/am getting/want...

I have/am getting/want a: Modern, Luxury, Sport, M Sport

5K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  etsok1 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's get an idea of what "Lines" Bimmerfesters have/are getting/want.

Does anyone have data on how sales are breaking down?

Oh, crap, I forgot no-line. Oh, well, just post if that's the one for you. Sorry about that.

If a mod wants to edit this post to include the no-line or delete it and I'll re-do it, feel free.

#3 ·
I didn't see the "am getting an M" option...

#25 ·
I voted "want an M Sport line" because that's the only line I would choose from the ones presented if I were buying an F3x. Since I'm going to be buying an F82 in 2015 or 2016, change that to "am getting an M".

#17 ·
It seems like no-line is the most common configuration on dealer lots. But there are a few things I don't like about it:

- The 17-inch wheels look kind of so-so.
- If bmwusa.com is correct, the steering wheel looks plainer and without thumb rests. It even looks skinnier, but I an not sure whether that is indeed the case. So is the steering wheel a little different on the no-line?
- The matte rubbery window trim.
- Silver plastic trim, which can be fixed by upgrading to wood.

But it understandable why some folks don't find the lines to be a good value.

#18 ·
Sport Line! Imperial Blue / Everest Grey combo is only available in Sport!

#20 ·
Sport Line

Let's get an idea of what "Lines" Bimmerfesters have/are getting/want.

Does anyone have data on how sales are breaking down?

Oh, crap, I forgot no-line. Oh, well, just post if that's the one for you. Sorry about that.

If a mod wants to edit this post to include the no-line or delete it and I'll re-do it, feel free.
Melbourne Red Sport Line. Did the PCD , and Drove Cross Country :thumbup: Bucket List ! Check ! Put 3,200 miles on. Now we have about 3,500 fun miles. Love It !!!!! :thumbup:

#22 ·
I'm getting none of the above, nor any other BMW that adopts this "line" BS to simplify manufacturing.

You know the right way to cut costs, BMW? Guess, what. It's not to say "screw you" to your customers. It's to say "screw you" to your dealerships. Close every single one and add a "buy now" button to your website's configurator. Done.

#27 · (Edited)
And where do you plan to get your warranty work and maintenance done? Who do you plan to take your trade in when you want a new Bimmer? Where do you plan for lessees to turn in their cars? Who are you planning to get to prepare CPOs and sell them?

Dealerships aren't going away. Exceedingly few people are like the people on these boards. The unwashed masses want to see, touch, feel, experience their $50,000 - $150,000 car before they plunk down their cash and they want their car this week, not two months down the road.

#29 ·
My Sportline is on the Turandot that just docked in Halifax, another 10-14 days and I will have it. I wonder how the results of this survey actually compare to the numbers from BMW. I am thinking that since most members are enthusiasts, the results of the forum survey would be skewed towards m or sport which seems to be the case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.