BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Out with the Old... In with the New

68K views 524 replies 31 participants last post by  MikeInValdosta 
#1 ·
Starting a thread following my progress on the 91 e36 325i. imported to canada a few years ago. After the 96 rust bucket I'm eager to work on a car worth my time. I hope to do alot of swaping from the stuff I have so like the digital climate control, 18 button obc and leather interior swap to start, then a 5 speed ZF swap. thats my plan for this winter. anyone ever done the 18 button obc install? :p looks like a pita but I want it!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Got the M3 brakes, I will post some pictures later, but I got the trailing arms, knuckles, calipers, rotors, backing plates all the sensors for 470CAD so I thought I did alright, but I do need to replace the front rotors due too a warp in the passenger side, and the rear pads are worth changing. but overall they are in very nice shape barely any rust or chipped paint on any of the parts besides the rotors are rusty from sitting. very excited to install them.

#11 ·
Best place to order one online is http://www.ddmtuning.com, then arrange to have it shipped to a UPS store in the states, and pick it up there.

Last time I had something large shipped to Canada though, I got raped on brokerage fees from UPS.

It is well worth the drive to pick it up yourself.

#13 ·
more progress. got some M3 brakes, got my Magnaflow exhaust and AFE intake installed. still working on the fog lights. got 2 new front tires put on today and I cleaned out the trunk and to my dismay i found a pin hole that is starting to rust. anyways. pictures to follow

Attachments

#14 ·
Picked up some M3 tail lights today as i started install i pulled the weather stripping surrounding the trunk and i noticed a little bit of rust

so i wire wheeled it all off and brushed on some rust bullet. Ill do 3 or 4 coats then put the weather strip back on and finnaly install my tail lights

Ill post some pictures tomorrrow

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Bimmer App

#15 ·
What are M3 tail lights?

#21 ·
Hey sorry for taking so long between posts. finally going to be painting on Monday! getting the hood, driver fender, M3 front and 325 rear bumper and M3 side skirts painted dunkel blau. so exciting. getting the few dents in the rear passenger door pulled in the new year. and then I need to look for some used M3 coilovers or save for new ones before I can install my M3 brakes. kinda sucks but oh well.

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
wet sanded and polished the hood today(took 5 hours) looks pretty awesome actually. heres some pics
I'll to polish it again with swirl remover once more to get all the little tiny scratches out but I'm happy with it for now. for my first time painting a hood I think it turned out alright!

Attachments

#31 ·
hey, I installed the front and rear bumper as well as a carbon fiber rear spoiler today. heres some pic's

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.