BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Are 20 way seats with adjustable side bolsters available on the new 5?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jsf1993 
#1 ·
Title says it all....I've read and received mixed answers from BMW and independent sources. I really love the adjustable side bolsters on my 2006 750 so I was wondering if I can get the same seats in the 5. Thanks!

#3 ·
Actually - this seems to depend where you are in the world. I have an F10 535d and it has the adjustable side bolsters (two buttons that move the back rest in and out).

#4 ·
I beleive that adjustable side bolsters are available in Europe but not the US. The 18 way US Comfort seats are super comfortable. You slide slightly when cornering hard.

#12 ·
I agree with Pharding, the comfort seats are, well, rather comfortable. Gives my comfy chair at home a run for it's money. To keep myself from the slight sliding Pharding refers to from getting out of control I press myself into the seat with my left foot hard against the foot plate during hard cornering.

-Zathris

#6 ·
You will get the bolster option. It is the comfort seats I have.

#8 ·
Thanks to all for your responses. Just to clarify, I'm referring to the side boslters that squeeze in against your the left and right side of your torso when the adjustment is made. I wasn't referring to lumbar support that moves the lower back portion of the seat forward and back.

I noticed that the 7 seems to have 20 way seats whereas the 5 seems to include 18 way seats. I would hate to think they left out this adjustment as I think it is one of the best ones to have....it really makes the seat cradle your torso.

#9 ·
Yes - that's what I'm referring to. You get two additional buttons...

Attachments

#14 ·
that really sucks i love that option on my car makes me feel very secure and snug when taking corners at a fast rate of speed! Big fopar on bmw's part imo!:tsk:
+1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.