BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

WeatherTech Floor Mat Question

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  loosenit2 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase a set of WeatherTech floor mats for my new F30. I have been told that WeatherTech is the best in the business so I think I will give them a try. When I go to their website and configure them, the digital fit mats are only available for the 2012 F30 and not the 2013 that I bought. Are there any changes that anyone knows of between the 2012 and 2013 models that wouldn't allow these to work? Also, on the configuration for the 2012 for the digital fit it says that they only work on the x-drive models. Is there any interior floor differences between a normal sedan versus the x-drive?

#3 ·
Thanks. I had a 2012 loaner until my 2013 came in and I can't see any changes between the two year models. My bigger concern is the x-drive possibly being different or having a higher hump in the back seat area. I'm almost tempted to order the 2012 mats and return them if they don't fit.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input on the 2013 mats. We have purchased them for our cars over the past few years and they are great. It's a good investment.

#8 ·
They are durable, easy to get in an out of the car, you can wash them out, they hold dirt and water and they last. They fit perfectly. We have a jeep and always get one for the back as well. Think of a giant rubber/plastic tray that holds all the stuff that comes off your shoes or boots and ruins the carpets.

#9 ·
If you're considering buying WT, be careful on the color matching. I ordered tan for a beige interior and what showed up would best be described as chocolate. In sum, they in no way matched the magazine add in R&T, their website or the interior of my car.

I ended up returning them and ordered factory mats that get Scotch Guarded every fall.

#14 ·
I just opened my new WeatherTech Digitalfit floor liners ordered in "tan". As noted by PartyboyWA, they are clearly not tan, but a chocolate color. I see on their site they come in black, tan or gray. These are not the black or gray, so they did not send the wrong color, but they do not match the beige interior and are not anywhere near "tan" in color.

#16 ·
I tried to order the BMW ones and they cancelled the order because they wouldn't ship them to an APO address (military overseas). I ordered the WeatherTech ones after they cancelled the order and I am waiting for them to come in.

Blonyskin--are you planning on keeping them or is the color too much of a mis-match?

#18 ·
I have to be honest, I know that lots of people really like WeatherTech laser cut mats, however I purchased a full set for my e46 wagon and ended up returning them for the BMW OEM rubber mats. I found that while the WeatherTech did fit, they rubber was very stiff, and hard to the touch; it felt more like plastic than rubber. While I was driving around my heel often slipped when I was braking and accelerating, especially when wet. It was not a question of quality or color, as the mats and the mounting hardware fit perfectly and appeared to be very well made, I just didn't care for the hard feeling under my feet.

#21 ·
+1 on the BMW OEM rubber mats, I just leave those in all year around. Only problem is they slide forward and ride up the gas pedal.

We have the WeatherTech in our Subaru, I think it is plastic, not rubber.

#19 ·
I got my WeatherTech mats last week. While I love the mat and the fit, the color is way off like you guys said. They are dark brown and don't match at all. It's kind of false advertising on their website since they are not the same color as the ones they send out. I am wondering if the BMW all-weather mats would be a better match. Does anybody have a picture of the BMW ones installed they could post?

#20 ·
I got my WeatherTech mats last week. While I love the mat and the fit, the color is way off like you guys said. They are dark brown and don't match at all. It's kind of false advertising on their website since they are not the same color as the ones they send out. I am wondering if the BMW all-weather mats would be a better match. Does anybody have a picture of the BMW ones installed they could post?
Was about to go WeatherTech, but would like pics of the BMW mats, as well. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.