BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2014 Comfort Access

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Marathon Man 
#1 ·
Does the CA for the 14 model include the ability to close the trunk via the key fob and open with your foot a la other models? I can't find that info anywhere.

#2 ·
Sorry

No you cannot close it via the fob and no you can't open it with you foot.

To open, you can use the button on the rear hatch, the button by the drivers knee or the fob

To close your only choice is the button on the bottom of the hatch or manually. Note that the button on the bottom of the hatch only works if the fob is nearby.

#3 ·
You can activate closing of the the hatch with Key Fob with coding. I added this feature as well as many others to my 2014 X3. Makes it so much better.

No you cannot close it via the fob and no you can't open it with you foot.

To open, you can use the button on the rear hatch, the button by the drivers knee or the fob

To close your only choice is the button on the bottom of the hatch or manually. Note that the button on the bottom of the hatch only works if the fob is nearby.

#5 ·
You can open/close with the FOB. You cannot open/close with your foot. This option was available on the 3 series wagon we tested before deciding on the X3, and I was disappointed when I learned it was unavailable on the X3. I'm actually generally unimpressed with CA on this vehicle, as I can't open the rear passenger doors either- I have to unlock all doors from the front or use the fob, which is not very convenient when holding a car seat with a baby in it in one hand and a briefcase or something else in the other and you have to set it all down to dig around for the fob instead of just setting down the briefcase to open the door.

Oh well...if the 1st world problems I have with comfort access are the only issues I have with the X3, I'd say I'm in pretty good shape.

#6 ·
How do you close with the FOB? Hold down the button when closing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.