BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

35i Motor versus DHP

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Want the Thrill 
#1 ·
Hi guys. We have ordered my wife's X3 already and had to make a difficult decision. She doesn't like the feel and fit of the sport seats so we couldn't do a sport package. (Ugh). After buying the necessary niceties, we had a little money left over. We had to choose between the upgraded motor (35i) vs the DHP package. Would have loved to order both, but couldn't. Horrible dllemna. If you HAD to choose between the motor or the DHP, which would you have chosen?

#4 · (Edited)
Thats an easy one. 100% go bigger engine over DHP but you can't add DHP without the sport package so there really is no choice. The sport seats are great so not sure why your wife didn't like them. It sounds like you already placed your order so you know this. You made the right choice with a 35i. Is this what you ordered?

#14 ·
Thanks guys. I enjoy and appreciate all the feedback. We wound up getting the 35i. Agreed that the extra performance and sound of the motor made it too hard to pass up. I really liked the standard 35i wheels also. Getting next week at the factory in SC for PCD. the 35i also gets your the sports steering wheel even if you don't have the sports package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.