BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Fix your e30 odometer gears for $15!

39K views 120 replies 33 participants last post by  garagistic 
#1 · (Edited)
We will be selling 30 motometer gear sets at $15 shipped in the US. Thats 50% off our price and a huge amount off the "other guys".

We are only offering this to 30 members so sign up here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618070

Once we have 30 members we will be PMing the discount code needed!

See less See more
#8 ·
Ha just found out mine is VDO and much cheaper so Im just going to order mine tonight.

#15 · (Edited)
Yes, you can half *** and buy a complete odometer from a wrecking yard that will last a year or two max (if they work at all) or even a complete e30 odometer on ebay (which are rebuilt using our odo gears).

Think about your time. $5 entry free to most yards (already 33% of the cost of these "rip off gears"). Your time to pull a odometer from an e30 (which you dont know will work, or how long its going to last on ancient weak gears). Then taking yours apart and installing only to find out it will last about as long as it will take you to push that trip reset button. No, you are definitely right. These sure do seem like a ripoff. :thumbdwn:

Did it ever occur to you that all e30 (or 80s bmws for that matter) all have the inherit problem of soft odo gears? No it didnt, because you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about. So lets try not to spread misinformation on a forum dr.

This is the proper way to restore your odometer with new odometer gears. Is $15 too much for you Dr? Would you like a free set instead? Or maybe some "premium gears" from odometergears.com which are priced near silver prices per ounce?

Or maybe you dont like to track your gas mileage, maintenance items, etc etc in a reliable manner because of..... $15!?!?!

Consider this a favor to the e30 community. Because it is. $15 means we make near nothing on these. Shipping is included in these too! Thats $2 right there.

Maybe you should look at the response from the group buy we did on r3v, we sold nearly 100 units in that group buy. (wow 100 people got ripped off! or maybe they just knew that this was an incredible deal). For reference: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=213164

So please think about your posts before sh**ting on a vendor who is not only supporting this forum but the e30 community with quality parts.

We look forward to your order dr.

#19 · (Edited)
Your math is off. $10 x 30 sets is 300 doc. All four gears are $15 shipped. Thats $3.75 a gear before expenses. Too expensive?

For the record we are the manufacturer of these moto units. We own the equipment, the supplies to make them, etc.

Is that all you took from the post?

You clearly don't know what a value these are at this price. Its ok if you dont want odo gears, but there is no reason to sh*t on this thread. Thanks doc.

#23 ·
Motometer gears...

Picked up some Motometer gears from you guys. They work great. The video makes it easy to do the install. Thanks again for the amazing prices and quality. I included some pics of my old gears. You can see the smallest gear, the one that needs replaced the most came out in pieces. These are the new ones installed in the Motometer speedometer of my 87 325.

Attachments

#24 ·
Picked up some Motometer gears from you guys. They work great. The video makes it easy to do the install. Thanks again for the amazing prices and quality. I included some pics of my old gears. You can see the smallest gear, the one that needs replaced the most came out in pieces. These are the new ones installed in the Motometer speedometer of my 87 325.
Glad you enjoyed them. Please refer us to others.

#25 · (Edited)
All items have been shipped. Please check tracking numbers via paypal. If there is any installation issues please feel free to email us.

For installation please use the following resuourses (which can be found at www.garagistic.com)

Removing your old gears including the difficult e1 12 tooth gear:
http://youtu.be/sEIQVpXhJYo

Instructions for the moto odometer gears:
http://garagistic.com/index.php?page=motometer-odometer-gear-repair-instructions

Instruction for vdo odometer gears:
http://garagistic.com/index.php?page=vdo-odometer-gear-repair-instructions

Everyone has had a chance to purchase. So the code is now public. (only a couple more members will be allowed to buy before the 30 count is over). After that the price will be $20 shipped. Still a discount compared to the regular price of $30 for non-forum-members.

To get your group buy discount ($15 shipped to your door), you must use coupon code: bfmoto. To do this click on the link below, click add to cart. You will see confirmation that the gears are in your cart. Click on the confirmation where it says "shopping cart". Where it says "apply discount code" input the coupon code: bfmoto.

CODE WILL ONLY APPLY TO FIRST 30 people! (hurry theres only a few spots left)

Click here go to purchase:
http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/Mo...odometer-gears

Click here for instructions on how to install your gears (Its vital you follow these!)
http://garagistic.com/index.php?page...r-instructions

Make sure you have a motometer unit and not a VDO unit with correct MPH/KM unit!
http://garagistic.com/index.php?page...-gauge-cluster

#31 ·
I love my garagistic gears! Had them on for roughly 2 months now and put around 1500 miles on them so far.. Works like a charm! Feels good having the miles tick once again :thumbup:

#40 ·
USA shipping charges

if you can send from a country other than the USA, then shipping will be cheaper. not sure why but in my experience i can get things shipped from germany even canada for a half to twothirds the price of the same item exUSA. this may be an NZ only issue mind you
Before we both get accused of USA bashing ;)
I made my first serious money whilst living in the USA by recognising that there is a world outside the continental borders :rofl:
Instead of building hard-core race motors, as I was then doing, I soon realising that I made far more money exporting speed parts to NZ, Australia, SA & Sweden.
Granted this was back in the early 90's, but even today I am amazed how some large US companies either do not want to sell outside the US of A or they use the wrong way of shipping :mad:
NOTE: I am not referring to Garagistic, but to others :)
For instance I would ship these small gears with EMS or normal post as UPS & Fed EX (being US companies) will immediately charge 50 USD for initial freight, because they are scared of falling of the edge of the world :p
Please excuse my rant, but being in the import business, as well, makes me pig-biting mad :rolleyes:

#41 ·
Before we both get accused of USA bashing ;)
I made my first serious money whilst living in the USA by recognising that there is a world outside the continental borders :rofl:
Instead of building hard-core race motors, as I was then doing, I soon realising that I made far more money exporting speed parts to NZ, Australia, SA & Sweden.
Granted this was back in the early 90's, but even today I am amazed how some large US companies either do not want to sell outside the US of A or they use the wrong way of shipping :mad:
NOTE: I am not referring to Garagistic, but to others :)
For instance I would ship these small gears with EMS or normal post as UPS & Fed EX (being US companies) will immediately charge 50 USD for initial freight, because they are scared of falling of the edge of the world :p
Please excuse my rant, but being in the import business, as well, makes me pig-biting mad :rolleyes:
We try to do our best to keep shipping costs down. Thats why when customers ask that we get a quote from a certain company (usually they refer them in the first place due to price), we go out of our way to get that quote. We want to take care of our customers.

Besides, nothing beats the feeling of seeing a shipping truck pull up and knowing your car parts are in there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.