BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wait time for delivery

36K views 271 replies 47 participants last post by  justinnum1 
#1 ·
Im just wondering, for those that have aready received their 2013 3 series how long did it take to arrive after you placed your orders? I want to time my purchase/trade correctly.

#100 ·
Yep, I saw that. The Toscana (previous ship out of Bremerhaven) is in Port Hueneme now. Oberon should be there tomorrow - right on schedule.

With these two cargo vessels there should be a good selection of Bimmers available soon.

I've been checking inventory via cars.com for several weeks. Not much availability of 335's in So. Cal. dealers. I would expect that to change within the next week or two.:)

#102 ·
No, it took 8 days to get from Munich to Bremerhaven, then 7 days to get on a ship. On board the Oberon on the 13th of Aug. due in Port Hueneme tomorrow Sept 5th. So 23 days is what it took for the ship to get from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme. Total elapsed time from order (6/25) to touchdown in US ~ 70 calendar days. Then it will be about another 2 to 10 days 'til delivery at the dealer. Total will end-up being between 72 - 80 days.

Although this has seemed like an eternity, it's really quite good to think that you can place a custom order with a manufacturer in Europe and get your order manufactured and shipped to you in less than 90 days! Think about that.

#104 ·
Late July Munich Production arrived at Port Huenume today 9/5/2012

TomF30....Oberon @ Port Hueneme and unloading the cargo now. Here is a satellite shot of the Oberon unloading cargo.... Can you see your F30 335i in the lot? :thumbup:

It won't be long now............................before your CA rings you up with good news!

Attachments

#116 ·
TomF30....Oberon @ Port Hueneme and unloading the cargo now. Here is a satellite shot of the Oberon unloading cargo.... Can you see your F30 335i in the lot? :thumbup:

It won't be long now............................before your CA rings you up with good news!
VLing,

Thanks for the photo. Could not quite spot my car, maybe it was yet to be off loaded when the photo was taken.

I'm a little bummed that I can no longer "track" the car:eek: But my CA says it should be at the dealers early next week.:) Watch it arrive when I'm out of town on Tuesday and Wednesday:yikes: Oh well, that will just make me hurry back even more.

Your's should not be far behind.

#112 ·
My 335i was on the Tulane which docked in Baltimore on 9/1, where my car was unloaded. I have not gotten any response from the dealer regarding when I should expect delivery. BMWUSA finally updated my status to 'final touches' this afternoon. I am curious if anyone has taken delivery of a car that was on the Tulane or has any perspective on transport time from Baltimore to the upper midwest (I am in Minneapolis).

#118 ·
Looks like you'll be driving yours before I'll be driving mine (but only by a day or so). Congratulations!

#120 · (Edited)
You ordered before factory closed for 2 weeks. I ordered 8-7 and it just started production this week. So one month for mine to start.I would guess yours will start Monday, but BMWUSA is never updated. It was 3 days behind for me. Call dealer Monday afternoon, and have him check for a build sheet. He can then email it to you.

#124 ·
Ordered on 8/17
Production started 8/27
Production completed 9/4
I've been stuck on the status of "Released to Carrier for Transport to Exit Port" for 4 days now....Getting frustrated!!!

#125 · (Edited)
Same here, mine got "released to the carrier on 9/3. We will probably be on the same ship, except we both don't know when that is. To be honest with those two hurricanes in the Atlantic I am glad our cars are still probably in Germany on land.:)

PS: What dealership did you order yours from? I got mine from NJ CA.

#140 ·
Boat leaving the 16th and 19th. my car completes production on the 14th so i will probably miss the boat on the 16th, hoping i catch the boat on the 19th

#147 · (Edited)
At this point I am hoping to make the Don Jaun leaving Bremerhaven 9-16 arriving NYC 10-10 . FIRST column is arrival second is departure
REMERHAVEN GERMANY 25/09/2012 26/09/2012
THE DON JUAN SCHEDULE
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 29/09/2012 29/09/2012
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 30/09/2012 30/09/2012
HALIFAX, NS CANADA 08/10/2012 08/10/2012
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 10/10/2012 10/10/2012
BRUNSWICK, GA U.S.A. 15/10/2012 15/10/2012
CHARLESTON,SC U.S.A. 16/10/2012 16/10/2012

If I could make this instead though BREMERHAVEN 19/09/2012 NEW YORK, NY 03/10/2012 TOPEKA CA238-TOP 14 I'd be thrilled
Topeka schedule
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 11/09/2012 19/09/2012
GOTHENBURG SWEDEN 21/09/2012 21/09/2012
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 23/09/2012 23/09/2012
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 24/09/2012 24/09/2012
HALIFAX, NS CANADA 01/10/2012 01/10/2012
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 03/10/2012 03/10/2012
BRUNSWICK, GA U.S.A. 08/10/2012 08/10/2012
CHARLESTON,SC U.S.A. 09/10/2012 09/10/201

But Topeka starts loading tomorrow

#148 ·
Since mine was completed on the 3rd I must be on the TOPEKA. So figure its going to be in New York at the 3rd, probably can pick it up by the 6th. How long it takes to clear customs anyone knows?

#152 · (Edited)
Well I received a text from my CA today. The F30/N20 vehicle I ordered will be ready for delivery tomorrow. I ordered the car on 7/8 and it will be delivered on 9/11; just over two months. Made in Munich and delivered in Portland, Oregon. The dealer had a production slot and changed it to my specific options while I waited. Then he provided the VIR document with the production number and a Priority 1 - Customer Order shown on the VIR.

Long wait; but is was fun tracking it from the factory to the dealer using various means to get the tracking details from the internet. After I pickup the vehicle; I will have to leave town on business; but will post pictures as soon as possible:

2013 328i F30/N20 - 133N
Sports Line
Glacier Silver Metallic
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
Heated front seats
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Lighting Package
Xenon headlights
Adaptive light control
Premium Package
Lumbar support
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Comfort Access keyless entry
Moonroof
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
18" Wheels w/Performance Summer Tires
Anthracite headliner
Door mirror caps in black
Increased top speed limiter
Sport seats
Technology Package
BMW Apps
Navigation system
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB
Instrument cluster with extended contents
Online Information Services
Smartphone Integration
Real Time Traffic Information
Head-up Display

Possible only regret is not ordering the M Active Suspension (adjustable Shock/dampers)

#177 ·
CA called me a couple of hours before the appointment for delivery today. Car did not make it to the dealer on the carrier truck in time to perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) and proper car wash. He asked whether I could reschedule for tomorrow. I am leaving town for a few days and told him to not to rush the PDI and do it right. Now re-scheduled to take delivery on Friday 9/14.

I am getting ready for the dreaded F&I manager experience; where they try to sell you other products to jack-up their margin. I normally reject anything extra they try to sell me; before the close of the deal.

Is there anything I should consider when they try to up sell me? Need advice.

#160 ·
My car finally went into production yesterday after a 5 week wait. So now I'm told the estimated production finish is the 19th...Does it really take 9 days to build these cars or is that from start to shipping? really hoping to make one of these ships you are all talking about!!

#166 · (Edited)
What is a reasonable about of time to expect a response from a CA? I'm trying to get him to add a sunroof to my order before it goes into production and he has yet to reply. I emailed him last night so he would have the message by morning. I later sent a text message to follow up and later in the day I forwarded my email from last night. I'm eager to get this completed since he claims it can go into production "any day now". This is the third time he's kept me waiting but I don't know how busy these guys really are.

The first time I needed him it took him 2 days to respond to 2 email messages asking that he provide me with a production week. He said 36 but it's now 37 and still nothing. The next time I contacted him was in reference to the accent trim in the order. That time I sent an email, followed by another email the next day, and left a voice message on the third day. Finally he called back on the 3rd day.

Am I being too pushy or is this guy not really meeting expectations?

#169 · (Edited)
What is a reasonable about of time to expect a response from a CA? I'm trying to get him to add a sunroof to my order before it goes into production and he has yet to reply. I emailed him last night so he would have the message by morning. I later sent a text message to follow up and later in the day I forwarded my email from last night. I'm eager to get this completed since he claims it can go into production "any day now". This is the third time he's kept me waiting but I don't know how busy these guys really are.

The first time I needed him it took him 2 days to respond to 2 email messages asking that he provide me with a production week. He said 36 but it's now 37 and still nothing. The next time I contacted him was in reference to the accent trim in the order. That time I sent an email, followed by another email the next day, and left a voice message on the third day. Finally he called back on the 3rd day.

Am I being too pushy or is this guy not really meeting expectations?
That is unacceptable. Call manager one day may mean you get a car missing options you want. What is point of waiting to have it built if it is not how you want it.

#167 ·
Just called to et status and they said my car is awaiting a vessel. Earlier it said estimated completion date of 9/14. Great news if it's true

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.