BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW X3 2014 Fuel Consumption

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Masterx5 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a question regard fuel consumption on a 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i. I recently purchase this vehicle and have concerns based on what the dealer told me when purchasing it where I had to call them back roughly a week later because a had concerns. I wastold that when running on Econo Drive with the Start/Stop option (engine shuts off when stopped) enabled and accelerating and driving under 3000 rpms it would get great fuel efficiency from the vehicle which he compared to a mini cooper classic at the time of purchase. He explained that the consumption could be as low as 5.8 l/km 100. Please note this is not a diesel.

Is this true? Has anyone experienced this themselves?

#2 ·
Hi,

I have a question regard fuel consumption on a 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i. I recently purchase this vehicle and have concerns based on what the dealer told me when purchasing it where I had to call them back roughly a week later because a had concerns. I wastold that when running on Econo Drive with the Start/Stop option (engine shuts off when stopped) enabled and accelerating and driving under 3000 rpms it would get great fuel efficiency from the vehicle which he compared to a mini cooper classic at the time of purchase. He explained that the consumption could be as low as 5.8 l/km 100. Please note this is not a diesel.

Is this true? Has anyone experienced this themselves?
5.8 L/KM 100 is equivalent to 40.3 MPG. Since that engine is rated at 28 MPG Highway (8.3 L/KM 100), it really seems doubtful that you will only use 5.8 L/KM 100 under normal conditions.

#5 ·
After putting 3000km on mine, it is about 11.7 L/100km.

#11 ·
My 2014 X3 is very new... about 1000 miles on it. Got 24.5 MPG city on first tank. Currently reading 28 MPG for 1/3 highway, 2/3 city. I checked the display versus filling the tank and the display reading appears to be accurate. Note: My "city" driving is not stop & go; there are not many stop lights, but speeds are low and and lot of stop signs.

#12 ·
City: 18-19 in the winter, low 20's in the warmer weather
Highway: Low 20's in the winter, mid 20's in warmer weather.

Best mileage I've had in the past 13 months was 25. The driving mix average was 20.

****ty for a turbo four IMO.

#14 ·
A month on X3 2.0d xDrive already.
City: 7.5 l/100 km.
Highway: 6.5 l/100 km with cruise control on 123 km/h. Drove 1200 km for a day. Refuel on 1016 km, with a message for fuel for 3 km. Average speed 111 km/h.
On the way back, with more aggressive driving and testing Sport and Sport+ modes, reach on the same way consumption 7.8 l/100 km. Drove with 140+ on most of the places.

#19 ·
A month on X3 2.0d xDrive already.
City: 7.5 l/100 km.
Highway: 6.5 l/100 km with cruise control on 123 km/h. Drove 1200 km for a day. Refuel on 1016 km, with a message for fuel for 3 km. Average speed 111 km/h.
On the way back, with more aggressive driving and testing Sport and Sport+ modes, reach on the same way consumption 7.8 l/100 km. Drove with 140+ on most of the places.
The US will get this engine in the X3 for MY 2015, so MPG should be better.

#22 · (Edited)
I've got a 2014 x3 35i msport with DHP. These are my numbers

City: 22-25 MPG
Highway: 30-32 MPG
Combined 26.5 (total 15k miles).

Actual combined was around 27.5 in summer of 2013 but this winter really messed up my driving style. Winter gas mix does not help either.

Here are some pictures to prove my point. This is after my daily commute from work.

Electronics Technology Multimedia Electronic device Car
Electronics Technology Car Vehicle Multimedia
Vehicle Car Technology Family car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.