BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Considering Rejecting Software Upgrade

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  HWF 
#1 ·
I called my SA to set up appointment for my 2nd anniversary maintenance, oil change, etc. The SA advised me that the car should get a service upgrade, but he couldn't tell me what changes I would see after the upgrade, other than the few coding items I made when the car was a few months old.

The car is a 2012 535i, April, 2012 build. Anyone have any idea what the upgrade will do? I'm not a smartphone user, so the iPhone, music library, Android fixes don't interest me. I'm thinking about telling the SA to not bother with the software upgrade. Am I making a mistake?

#3 ·
My car just had it's first annual service, and I was expecting my car to lose all the coding that I've had done.

When I got my car back, I still had my coding; so the dealer didn't update my car's software. And that's just fine with me. It was going to be a pain to get the coding re-done.

#4 ·
If it's this one, I wouldn't bother. I did it and although I won't pin it on it, I've been having some goofy stuff going on ever since. My iphone 5S which has been flawless suddenly doesn't want to disconnect after a bluetooth call. I keep my split screen on"BMW widgets" with the digital clock and weather, or the big analog clock and they don't load automatically anymore everytime I start my car.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757544

#6 ·
Prior to the update I had my 2012 535 coded and could see the tire temp and PSI. Afterward, Chase (Tuesday) did everything possible to get it back without luck. I didn't notice any other change besides that. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't do it.

#7 ·
Thanks, Chuck. Based on your response, I'm going to tell the SA that if he can't tell me what the upgrade is supposed to accomplish, then I'm going to take a pass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.