BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Seats

6K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Stealth.Pilot 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I'm in the process of finalizing purchase of 2013 528xi and a bit confused with the seat options. Can you please comment on the differences between standard 2013 seats and
Multi-contour seats? How bad or good the standard seats are?

#4 ·
I completely agree with the responses thus far. You will be fine without them but they do look and feel cheap-ish for what you would expect from this level of vehicles. But if you can swing the $2k+ upgrade...you will not regret it. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Bimmer App

#5 ·
I completely agree with the responses thus far. You will be fine without them but they do look and feel cheap-ish for what you would expect from this level of vehicles. But if you can swing the $2k+ upgrade...you will not regret it. :thumbup:
Personally, I have the standard seats, in cinnamon Dakota leather. While the multi-contour seats do have several more adjustments, they don't look all that different from the standard seats, and don't look at all cheap to me. Same leather on both seats. If you're referring to the Nappa upgrade, that's a whole different topic.

#6 ·
The adjustable upper back is a feature I would very much miss if I had the standard seats.

-Corey

#8 ·
Comfort seats on BMWs are remarkable. Once you plant yourself on them, you will wonder how you drove anything without em. The standard seats are good, but seem uncomfortable on long drives. Although you didn't ask, but the only reasons I wouldn't get the seats are a) price wise b) the car would be used for relatively short distances, where the benefit of the seats wouldn't be fully utilized. c) plan on keeping the car after warranty (less components to fail).

Good luck!

#9 ·
+2 on the adjustable upper back. I never had a car where the headrest was actually a place to rest your head comfortably while driving.

#11 ·
I would think so, as the X5 has the new seats from the 7. So I'm guessing, with that seat platform sharing, the 6 would have the same, but I don't have a clue sorry.

#13 ·
The comfort seats belong on the top of the list of must haves.
They add more to the driving experience of the car than lots of other stuff.
Remember, 100% of the time using the car you use the seat.
And these are just very good.
As people have stated in these forums they are the best in the market.
So do you need them, no, you do not need a BMW remember.
If you buy a five series BMW, get them!

#15 ·
Agree. The seats are a very important option.

#14 · (Edited)
multicontour seat are great, but it depend on ur perspective
i d personally spend 2-3 K and upgrade to 535xi cause 528 xi is underpowered/IMO/
i would rather drive 535 w regular seat vs 528 w comfort seat
just my 2 c

#18 ·
The 6 brings the new design of multi contour seating, which hypothetically means that the seat design will evolve again in the near future for the next LCI models or redesigns. I haven't gotten around to testing the 6, but would imagine it would meet, or even best the current multi-contour seats

#21 ·
Comfort seats are one of THE BEST options you can get on a beemer. I've had them on my past 3 Beemers (& have ordered Comfort Seats + heating & cooling) on my coming 535d) & highly recommend them for comfort, support & adjustability. Also recommend the seat heating - really good for people (like me) with bad backs on a long trip.:p:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.