BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2004 Z4 Roadster rear speakers

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  richierichz4 
#1 ·
My rear "04" Z4 speakers need to be replaced...can anybody tell me the size needed to replace them? Maybe some help with a good website to shop...I'm really hoping there is a retro fit kit and/ quick connect kit included for installing.
Thx

Sent from my DROID3 using Bimmer

#2 · (Edited)
I assume you are talking about the top ones high behind the headrest? The speakers are not standard easy to find stuff. I found out BSW has a 4" speaker which fits there, but they do not sell it for that intention(http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/p...rade-for-BMW-Z4-Roadster--Coupe-03-08-E85E86/). They should be able to sell you just the midrange speakers at around $130/pr. The speakers you want to replace are very hard to get to as you have to dismantle the entire back panel. If you are talking about the sub down low, a much easier job since the grill pops off. i believe those are 6", but again they are specially designed as subs so not an off the shelf type replacement. I would ask in the electronics forum as much more experience will be had there. I recently did stage I upgrade in my car and it does sound better. I would suggest you do this upgrade as well if you go to the trouble of replacing the rear speakers. BSW is of the opinion the rear replacement is not worth the effort as those speakers only provide "fill".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.