BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 series sedan + X1

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  adc 
#1 ·
would BMW ever bother with one, did they ever announce why they don't make one? I think it might look pretty good in sedan shape... .. I know they are planning the X1, and CAR did a fantastic sketch on it (IMHO) even though it just took wheels an arches off the X5 or the like, and added them to the body of 1 5 door.

This is the small SUV. I'd buy it in a heart beat if it looks like this when it's out. Sweet car for city driving and occasional trip into country on gravel roads, as I never would want to have X5 or ugly X3, and not a fan of 5er touring... But this seems like perfect car for girlfiend/family which I cab borrow whenever... :)

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a very interesting question.
Thats an SAV that even I might be interested in. I'm sure if BMW does ever put such a vehicle into production it will never see U.S. soil though. We Americans are too obsessed with huge over-sized SUV's with 7 litre V8's and 17 passenger seating.

#4 ·
I like the artists' rendering , but I don't think any of my friends (or anyone elses' for that matter)would want to sqeeze into the backseat for a local run to the slopes. The current backseat of the X3 is just bearable for a few hours, but this thing would just defeat the purpose of utility.

#8 ·
I'd get one by European Delivery like I did for my X3 which is moving production to Spartanburg in a couple of years.
+1. It would provide the perfect opportunity for a European skiing vacation with my wife & son. By the time this thing comes out, he still wouldn't be tall enough to challenge the X1's rear seat accomodation...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.