BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Upgrade factory radio with newest dynavin d99

35K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  rhidalgo1973 
#1 ·
BMW E53 X5 01-07 Dynavin D99 DVD GPS Navigation Radio​

$849+ FREE CAMERA + FREE SHIPPING

I know I'm new to thread, so hopefully no one gets offended by any threads I may post. Just wanted an opportunity for Bimmerfest forum members to get their hands on the exclusive, DYNAVIN D99 Multimedia Radio. We are currently offering a FREE back up reverse camera with each purchase.

This is the back up camera you will receive. MSRP: $34.99
http://ottonavi.com/product/accessor...-backup-camera

This unit is DIRECT PLUG & PLAY as long as your car does not have factory navigation or DSP. If you have factory navigation you will need a fahkra harness as such. We are one of two authorized dealers for Dynavin in North AMERICA. Contact me for GROUP BUY discounts!!!

http://ottonavi.com/product/accessor...vigation-radio

INTELLIGENT NEW PHONE BOOK. SYNC CONTACTS

SPECIAL BMW MAP INCLUDED

DIRECT PLUG AND PLAY

Features

AM/FM radio
CD player
iPod capability (iPod cable included)
Bluetooth (A2DP)
DVD
GPS navigation
Free North America maps (USA, Canada, Mexico)
File browser
Runs of Windows CE 6.0
Direct plug and play
Please make sure your car does not have premium sound or factory navigation

Specifications
Screen

Screen Size: 7 inch touch screen LCD
1 or 2 DIN: 2 DIN
Touch screen function: Yes
Resolution: 800 * 480
Motorized screen: No
Fixed screen: Yes
Detachable front panel: No
DVD Compatible Format: MP4, DIVX, AVI, DVD, VCD, MP3, (CD), CD-RW, JPEG
Built-in bluetooth: Yes/ Parrot bluetooth
A2DP function: Yes
Built-in GPS: Yes

iPod

iPod function: Yes

Radio

Built-in radio tuner (30 Preset Stations): FM(3*6)87.5-108MHz
Built-in RDS function: Yes
Illumination color: Red
Steering wheel control function: Yes
Power supply: 12V
Max current: 10A
Radio antenna Input: 1
Video output: 2
Video input: 1
Audio output: FL/FR/RL/RR
Audio input: R/L
Back sight video input : 1
Surround stereo iutput : 4 x 50W

Language

System Language: English/German/Spanish/French/Italian
GPS Language: English/German/Spanish/French/Italian/Portuguese etc

Other

Built-in USB port: Yes
Built-in SD slot: Yes
Remote Control function: Yes
Real time clock function: Yes
Auto-memory function: Yes

ONE YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY

EVERYTHING NEED TO INSTALL INCLUDED​

See less See more
#2 ·
1. Will you sell the extra cable for those with OEM Nav if specified?
2. Can I sell my MK3 unit in the rear or is that needed?
3. Would I still be able to access the cars computer through this system? (timer, mpg 1 &2, car off ventilation etc...)

Sorry for the questions, but I've seen a similar system since last year and have been waiting for positive reviews. The A2DP streaming is what this appears to have over the others which is good. I've seen a few youtube videos about performance, but fitment is key.

#3 ·
We do sell the harness if you have factory navigation. I can work a discounted price for you if you decide to purchase.

Not really sure what the MK3 unit does, but don't think you would need it. Is that for the factory navigation or something?

The unit will not access the computer through this system...(timer, mpg, etc)

#22 ·
I want to know this too

#17 ·
Does the blue tooth utilize the BMW phone system and steering wheel functions?
ladunwoody@gmail.com
The unit does not use the stock blue-tooth it actually uses its own- PARROT BLUETOOTH

Steering wheel control can be programmed. Unit comes with the canbus.

#16 ·
So, here is the issue for me. As Boramkiv had stated, you lose the dash control displays(time, date, MPG, travel, etc.) and settings, that I currently use. I do not have to be concerned about the Nav or DSP, but these are important to keep functioning. Is there a way to keep them going through the directional signal switch or is that just a remote to the radio?

Is the unit self-contained in a single Din? There are no other wiring or units required in the back of the vehicle. Seems like a lot to operate in this small box. However, technology is moving forward.

Do all of the steering wheel controls still functions(volume, track switching, etc.) automatically?

I really like the design and clean fit, I just do not want to lose anything...if possible. What instructions or wiring are needed?

Thanks

#18 ·
Steering wheel controls will still function....No need to wire anything, just plug it in and connect to your current radio harness and off you go. I will try and get pictures taken of harnesses cables, etc and the back of the unit (think I already have that one up, Ill check)

#19 · (Edited)
I too share Stalag's (and pretty much everyone else's) sentiment that all the dash and steering wheel controls should function. My truck right now has the factory NAV and DSP. If all the parts necessary can be summarized and resolved and put together in a easy to understand laundry list of what is needed to perform the upgrade, I may consider being the Guinea pig in doing this to my truck and in the process do an extensive write up with photos. I am afterall not too far from OttoNaviGPS if he's willing to make this happen.

I have been on the fence on this for so long, much like everyone else. The biggest deterent seems to be that there's so much potential headache involved in doing this and there doesn't seem to be, to date a confident write up for this process that's backed up by a supposed authorized sponsor should issues arise with the installation.

To me, a laundry list should have all the parts involved, associated part numbers, pictures of these parts (very important!) and where best to get them.
I'm up for jumping on the band wagon and enjoying all the neat emerging technology out there that is available but not at the expense of compromising an already temperamental truck (let's face it, these X5s are electronically sensitive to change!)

I love my truck and have taken painstaking great care in making sure it runs with minimal issues (especially electrical) and there has to be a certain level of confidence that this installation can be performed and not bring up unnecessary false error codes as a result of the installation. And at the same time be able to revert it back to stock form easily.

I do admit, it's an attractive looking unit and I like it. If you can confidently say this will work and I have all the necessary items to make it a trouble free install, let's make it happen then.

MANGO

#20 ·
I too share Stalag's (and pretty much everyone else's) sentiment that all the dash and steering wheel controls should function. My truck right now has the factory NAV and DSP. If all the parts necessary can be summarized and resolved and put together in a easy to understand laundry list of what is needed to perform the upgrade, I may consider being the Guinea pig in doing this to my truck and in the process do an extensive write up with photos. I am afterall not too far from OttoNaviGPS if he's willing to make this happen.

I have been on the fence on this for so long, much like everyone else. The biggest deterent seems to be that there's so much potential headache involved in doing this and there doesn't seem to be, to date a confident write up for this process that's backed up by a supposed authorized sponsor should issues arise with the installation.

To me, a laundry list should have all the parts involved, associated part numbers, pictures of these parts (very important!) and where best to get them.
I'm up for jumping on the band wagon and enjoying all the neat emerging technology out there that is available but not at the expense of compromising an already temperamental truck (let's face it, these X5s are electronically sensitive to change!)

I love my truck and have taken painstaking great care in making sure it runs with minimal issues (especially electrical) and there has to be a certain level of confidence that this installation can be performed and not bring up unnecessary false error codes as a result of the installation. And at the same time be able to revert it back to stock form easily.

I do admit, it's an attractive looking unit and I like it. If you can confidently say this will work and I have all the necessary items to make it a trouble free install, let's make it happen then.

MANGO
Okay. So if you have factory navigation you need a fahkra harness. This harness is basically an extended harness of the original that will extend from the rear of your car to the front of the radio.

If have DSP it gets a little more complicated and if you have both its pretty complicated. This isn't to say is impossible, but would not be a easy DIRECT PLUG AND PLAY INSTALL.

Pretty much you have an amplifier in the back that receives digital signals from your head unit. Here is what I have found on the closest thing you will be getting your self into.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572891

Take note this is an install write up done for an M5. The concept is the same.
You would pretty much need to disconnect the DSP amplifier and install an aftermarket amp (5 channel preferably). Then you would run the speaker wires directly to the amplifier and connect the amp to the radio via RCA' connections. If you have the 6 CD changer you would lose this feature. Hope this helps.

#21 ·
Okay to clarify, most of the confusing part is when your trying to KEEP dsp when you install an aftermarket headunit. If your not worried about keeping DSP, you just remove the amp install an aftermarket amplifier there and from there its pretty straight forward.

#28 ·
I had to re-ignite this thread because I've been doing research. This is actually not a bad deal if you love your X and want to keep it fresh. Loosing some OBC functions is minuscule compared to what you gain in return. I have a completely stock head unit with MK4 navigation and even though it may seem the price is steep for a 10 year old vehicle, they have quite a bit of R&D time behind them for BMW's. They look to have great customer service too. They are even releasing a unit for the E60 with idrive knob compatibility. If you get the Android unit you get a WiFi/3G capable unit with FB, mail and other google based apps on the fly for not much higher. Here is an install post of the E53 with the most complicated option NAV+DSP.
http://www.xoutpost.com/miscellaneo...mp-diy-install-stock-nav-dsp-replacement.html

After searching other forums I saw that I'm somewhat late in that I would have done this already this year had I known more about it. It fits as snug as the factory head unit and it performs. And if you compare it to those Chinese units that claim to be revolutionary it makes it worth the price, and those units were going for almost $700 when they came out and they didn't even have A2DP streaming. I guess they were Beta testers.

#30 ·
That was a long installation

I have D99 head unit installed two weeks ago as well. Functionally I have no complain except the sound quality and the loss of OBC functions. Think twice b4 u install it if u r frequently access those settings.
Indeed .. I'm glad I'm thinking it over

Cool...what kind of dash kit are you planning on getting? Would love to see pictures of your final set up if you ever do get it done :thumbup:
Yea still double-thinking things trying to find the best route for e90

#31 ·
Dynavin D99 Android $954 shipped with 5M Farka harness. About $40 more than the non Android unit. It arrived Monday and just finished the install today doing a little each day. I would say that its a nice system. Sold my screen and MK4 system to offset the cost. The OBC function is gone, but for me its no big deal. The range and MPG is there and that's all that matters to me with this V8. I have internet on the fly other than my cell phone and even though some of the options could have used some more research, (BT streaming) they are there. It works really well with the iphone 4, even tethering. Because I practically payed about $300 for the unit i'd say its worth it now. Here are a few pics:

Attachments

#33 ·
Hello...need help..i have a 2009 BMW X3 and i would like to add navigationa and bluetooth...can you recommend or tell me which DYNAVIN model would fit my car and that is good....hope to hear from you guys
Call Jeff at;

http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsolutions/welcome/

They sell a very OEM looking unit for the top of dash just like the OEM unit. His customer support is second to none. I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE.

#36 · (Edited)
This is the back up camera you will receive. MSRP: $34.99
http://ottonavi.com/product/accessor...-backup-camera

My car has back-up sensors. Can the camera still be installed? Can the power wire shared with the sensors

Features[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
AM/FM radio
CD player
iPod capability (iPod cable included)
Bluetooth (A2DP)
DVD
GPS navigation
Free North America maps (USA, Canada, Mexico)
File browser
Runs of Windows CE 6.0
Direct plug and play
Please make sure your car does not have premium sound or factory navigation

My car does not have a navigation but only CD player. Can this be plug and play with the existing connectors? Also, why doesn't it work with premium sound? How can I tell if my has premium sound or not?

#37 ·
Show Me

I am in total agreement with Mangostene on this. I want all of the capabilities that I have today, with the new technology of this audio+ system. For me this is very simple. I think that as a result of Mangostene being so close to ottonavigps, that they should connect and have at the installation, including a guarantee that it ALL works.
From a pure marketing standpoint, if there is proof that this all works from one of our own, then the units will sell themselves.
In this case, I am from Missouri...Show Me.

Hi Gina...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.