BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New X1 on order - Canada

21K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  3ismagic# 
#1 ·
Just placed my dealer order for a new X1 xDrive 28i!!!

Ordered with the following:

Space Grey
Red Brown Leather
Sport pkg
Navi pkg
Premium pkg
Comfort pkg
BMW apps
Lighting pkg
park distance control

Only comes in Canada with the new 8 speed and the new turbo 4 motor. Delivery is scheduled for May 30th.

Base price is said to be $38,500 but no official dealer price has been released or for the options. Dealer and I figure should be around $50,000 to $52,000 with this list of basically every option available except for Harman Kardon sound and comfort access.

I will post the standard equip for canada and the option codes and contents shortly.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are the codes, no pricing as yet.

Space Grey Met with Red Brown Nevada Lthr
2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i

VL13 - X1 xDrive28i
ZFU - Navigation Package (2012)
- BMW On-Board Navigation
- Voice Control
ZOU - Premium Package
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Satin Aluminum Roof Rails
- X-Line
- Panorama Sunroof
- Auto Dimming Interior Mirror
ZOV - Convenience Package
- Alarm System
- Electric Seats w/ Driver Memory
- Lumbar Support
- Compass Mirror
- Lights Package
ZOW - Sport Package
- 18in wheel, perf. RFT tire (style 322)
- Shift Paddles
- Sport Seats
ZOX - BMW Apps
- Smartphone Integration
- BMW Apps
ZOY - Lighting Package
- Headlight Washers
- Bi-Xenon Headlights
- Adaptive Headlights
MET - Metallic Colour
507 - Park Distance Control
LEA-NV - Nevada Leather

#34 · (Edited)
She has arrived!!! pictures in the next few posts. We also added Special order option ZSP and ordered BMW Individual Anthracite Headliner within that special order. Makes the interior in my opinion.:)

Here are the codes, no pricing as yet.

Space Grey Met with Red Brown Nevada Lthr
2012 BMW X1 xDrive28i

VL13 - X1 xDrive28i
ZFU - Navigation Package (2012)
- BMW On-Board Navigation
- Voice Control
ZOU - Premium Package
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Satin Aluminum Roof Rails
- X-Line
- Panorama Sunroof
- Auto Dimming Interior Mirror
ZOV - Convenience Package
- Alarm System
- Electric Seats w/ Driver Memory
- Lumbar Support
- Compass Mirror
- Lights Package
ZOW - Sport Package
- 18in wheel, perf. RFT tire (style 322)
- Shift Paddles
- Sport Seats
ZOX - BMW Apps
- Smartphone Integration
- BMW Apps
ZOY - Lighting Package
- Headlight Washers
- Bi-Xenon Headlights
- Adaptive Headlights
MET - Metallic Colour
507 - Park Distance Control
LEA-NV - Nevada Leather

#6 ·
That is very exciting!
I'm surprised you didn't order the comfort access. Do you mind if I ask why?
I find that to be a very handy feature, and it shouldn't be more than $750.

I'm actually surprised they are still making it an option since a lot of other manufacturers have it standard.

#7 ·
Well, I kind of had to draw the line somewhere with the options :dunno: !!!

Seriously though, I just kind of like the ritual of putting a key (or at least a fob) in a slot. It also mitigates charging issues. Also my car parks about 5 feet from my front door, so it has a chance of opening for anyone unless I take the keys upstairs to the back of the house.

I skipped the harman kardon as the base system already has 6 speakers plus two subs, that is good enough for me.

#13 ·
No Diesel?

I can't believe why at least Canada won't get a diesel. This 4 cylinder is a great motor, but BMW rates it at 29 mpg average in the X1, that's a crappy 3 mpg better then my X5d average. The 23d X1 is up there around 45 mpg.

Looking at the trim options at bmwuk, you need to get the M sport if available, it looks so much better then the standard edition.

Prices sure are higher in Canada, with about the same options you have on your X1 order, my 2011 X5d was only 54k after cash back from BMW.

#14 · (Edited)
Don't get me started on our pricing versus the US price!!!!!

While there usually are a FEW small differences in our favour with regard to standard equipment...... we are usually many thousands more expensive. In fact based on our MSRP in Canada at 38,500, the car will likely be $34,000ish and your options are usually cheaper as well......

The M-package does look nice, however it is not available in Canada as yet and i will say the standard body trim suits the car in a more sport utility way versus the sports carish look of the M package.

Having said that I did just add a BMW Individual special order of Anthracite headliner to the car:)

#15 · (Edited)
""I can't believe why at least Canada won't get a diesel. This 4 cylinder is a great motor, but BMW rates it at 29 mpg average in the X1, that's a crappy 3 mpg better then my X5d average. The 23d X1 is up there around 45 mpg.""

I would order the diesel if it were available, it is a great motor! I suspect it will come, Diesels are much more popular here than in the US in general and we seem to be getting more of them from all the manufacturers.

#16 ·
Got some pricing from the Dealer on options for Canada! Heaven forbid they put it on their website already!
Base Price $38500

metallic paint $800
Leather $1900
nav $2000
Premium Pack $1490
Convenience Pack $1900 (must get Premium pack if you wat this)
Sport Pack $1500
BMW Apps (must get Nav) $300
Lighting Pack $1000 (in convenience pack i think)
Comfort Access $750
Electric Seats (in one of the packs) $950 (in convenience pack)
Park distance control $450
wave brown wood trim $585
Sirius tuner $450
Harman/Kardon Sound System $1000

#19 ·
Got some pricing from the Dealer on options for Canada! Heaven forbid they put it on their website already!
Base Price $38500

metallic paint $800
Leather $1900
nav $2000
Premium Pack $1490
Convenience Pack $1900 (must get Premium pack if you wat this)
Sport Pack $1500
BMW Apps (must get Nav) $300
Lighting Pack $1000 (in convenience pack i think)
Comfort Access $750
Electric Seats (in one of the packs) $950 (in convenience pack)
Park distance control $450
wave brown wood trim $585
Sirius tuner $450
Harman/Kardon Sound System $1000
Lighting package is standalone, not included elsewhere.

#20 ·
Hmmm the Build Your Own isn't up on the BMW.ca website yet. Look forward to building one on a website other than BMW.de.

Maybe I should move to Canada. Y'all have better taste and use the proper units of measure.

#23 · (Edited)
Wow the orange reflector looks terrible on the headlight!

BMW CA did a better job with the option packaging this time around. Mine came out to $43.250. Added rear PDC, Light and Sport packages. Tiefseeblau and Black leatherette with the diamond black trim. I can live without the moonroof.

Unfortunately, BMW needs to fix some glitches on its webseite. What's wrong with the following?

The four-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo gasoline engine in the BMW X1 xDrive28i.

The BMW X1 xDrive28i needs just 6.7 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h. Its efficient performance and unique driving dynamics set new standards time and again. Only an in-line six-cylinder engine, paired with perfect mass balancing and comfortable engine smoothness, offers such an ideal balance between weight and power. Composed of an aluminum-magnesium alloy, the power train delivers 241hp and 258 lb-ft of unmitigated sportiness. It is simply the best engine in its class.

Over in Germany, it is interesting that all the models are offered with a 6MT now. The old 6-cyl and 23d used to be AT only. The new 28i with the turbo-four has the 8AT.

#24 ·
Update: It has landed in Halifax today and will be shipped out shortly. Should be at the dealer for pickup the second week of May!

I also drove the demo unit at the dealer. Really liked it, punchy power plant, with lots of torque, transmission is brilliant for an automatic and upshifts and downshift very quickly. Interior was okay,,,,, but it was not loaded with leather etc. so hard to give a final judgement. I am 6'4" and had tons of room in the drivers seat with great headroom and a really good driving position. Not huge space behind my seat, but unless i am driving a 7 series, there never is....

Overall I really liked the size, think tall 3 series wagon. This translates better than comparing it to the old or new X3. Old X3 is similar in length but much taller. New X3 is huge in my opinion, bigger than it needs to be, but all the BMW's seem to get bigger and bigger each generation. Compare an e30 to an e90 3 series and you will get what I mean.

Lots of pictures to come after delivery!!

#27 ·
Just picked it up!!!

Loving it, although it may take me a few weeks to figure out all of the gizmo's and we could not get bmw apps and connected drive to work through the docking system. It was getting late so we did not spend to much time playing around with it.

Pictures and details over the weekend!! Stay tuned!!:)

#32 ·
I'm getting the BMW apps too and would like to know whether the adapter is necessary, or could I just use Bluetooth? I really hope so as then I can wait for iPhone 5. Otherwise I'll need to get an iPhone 4 which will be obsolete-ish in 5 months. sigh.

#47 ·
The bad news for you my friend is that it seems BMWUSA has just announced that they will NOT be bringing in any X1's until at least Fall 2012!! That is pushed back a year from the earlier announcement of fall this year.

Too bad, as it is a sweet ride!!

The X3 is selling really well, and no offence intended,:angel: my american friends seem to follow the bigger is better theory......

On a side note, I registered with BMW assist yesterday (Love the button on the headliner!!) and I was the first X1 that had been set up on their system! In fact the service rep had to manually enter the model info as it did not display automatically which he thought was strange as normally that comes straight up on the screen.:eeps:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.