BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CD changer for 96 e36

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  abgautier 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I'm a new bmw owner. I have a 96 328is and i just love it. I know it is pre-wired for a cd changer and I was wondering what brand of cd changer i should buy and where i might be able to find it online. I would also like to know if it is worth the trouble of buying and installing

#3 ·
I have the same year/Model, I stumbled across an article a few months back. It Said that the BMW CD Changer Changer was close to the Alpine. I don't remember where I saw it though, just one of those things remembered. If you do want to install one, look for the red/white, brown and yellow wires. Those are the three wires coming from mine. They should be encased inside a large black plastic tube in the right rear trunk.
However I'm with the guy above, I never use mine. There are several DIY forums that explain step by step on how to install an AUX input for any MP3. Choice is yours, Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.