BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

SiriusXM has turned back on lapsed subscribers' radios for two weeks

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  hellosopo 
#1 ·
The service not renewed....they hope if we hear it again we'll pay.

Har! It was hearing it that motivated this listener to drop 'em.

Insistent sales calls after, for way too long, pissed me off even more than the service when it worked.

#3 ·
XMSirius has a very nice product but the management of the product regarding subscriptions is reported to be the worst of most business that deal with the public. Is your cable or sat company or for that matter your cell phone company much worse?
Nice thing is you can just not subscribe and use what you have and never be bothered again.
I for one will put up with the management because the benefit outweighs the frustration at least for me...

#6 ·
I cancelled mine about a month ago. Rather, THEY cancelled it for me after my three month trial period that came with the car. I could have sworn the trial was 6 months free. When we delicately debated back and forth, I hoped they would pull my subscriber history and realize I was previously a subscriber for a couple of years and at one point had subscriptions on both cars. No-go... They wouldn't budge to extend three months, nor offer a price break. We parted ways, only to meet again over the airwaves this week during their morning drive soliloquy.

What light through yonder window breaks? 'Tis a red light...and I ain't listening to Sirius/XM whilst I wait.

Terrestrial radio is back, as are multi-gig thumb drives in the center console USB port.

#9 ·
Had it on my E46 and my E90 and really liked it. It was a $900 up charge to have the dealer put it in my E92, so I got an Onyx XM receiver for $60 at Wal Mart, used an old upgrade offer for $25 for 6 months. This is up shortly, will be interesting to see what they come up with as an incentive to stay.

#11 ·
Six month introductory price? The fine print on the offer I got was for six months at the $8 rate, then they bill you $24 a month for each month after, as well as auto-bill your renewal at the end of the year.

It may still be a decent deal once averaged out, but I find my commute isn't long enough to let me really explore their channel menu where I can dig in to a talk show or consistently get good music. Others differ.

#12 ·
Yup, I setup a reminder for myself, 2 weeks prior to the expiration of the 6- month promo, to give them a call and cancel, or resubscribe at then introductory rates. :D

#13 · (Edited)
I got an email over the weekend notifying me that my "introductory" period was getting ready to expire... Interestingly, I bought my car used, and as far as I know, the on board Sirius unit never worked... And yet, they sent me an email and referenced my "3 series".... Now, I previously has Sirius in my E46, but I turned off that unit years ago... Need to go out and see if it's working on my "new to me" car...

Well, just checked it out and it's working as advertised... See how long it lasts...

#15 ·
Been listening to it for two days now... Now I remember why I didn't renew it... Where I live, coverage is spotty... Cuts out under every bridge and even the trees on some of the more squiggly back roads cut it out... No ads, but stupid segues between songs to remind you what station you are listening to, and useless Djs telling anecdotes... I'll listen to it till it's gone, and go back to my IPod...

#16 ·
Ahh, this happened in the wifes car. I was wondering why it came back on.

Let's see.....

Signal drops under a clear sky
Stations are crappy during the day, good at night (just like FM)
Random talking in between songs (no commercials, but random yap)

As long as cell phones and ShoutCast exist I'll never listen to XM or Sirius or whatever it's called - even if it's free.

#19 ·
I have had Satellite radio for 10 years now. The KEY to this service is DO NOT let them put you on auto-renew. Let them invoice you, this will give you the ability to negotiate price. I have been doing this for 10 years now, and currently have 4 radios - every one is at half retail price.

#20 ·
I agree invoice is the way to go. I will pay by check and not credit card to keep them from auto renewing my subscription.
I have to say I have zero problem and zero dropouts, we both love the sat radio. If I was just going back and forth to work I wouldn't care but traveling long distances matters. I despise Itunes even though I have Iphone and Ipod with loaded music so I don't want that route anylonger either.

I guess it all depends on your circumstances but for us there is no better way to go...

#21 ·
You can still negotiate the price when they're charging your credit card. You call up and ask to cancel. Tell them it costs too much for the amount of time you use it, and they'll come back with an offer for a fixed time period. (The offers I got were usually for five months or a year.) Accept that, and then when it's up, call them back up and repeat the process. I did this for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.