BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E34 Longevity

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  _Ethrty-Andy_ 
#1 ·
Hi,
I bought my 1995 E34 (M50 motor) about 6 years ago with around 160,000 km on the odometer. It has now done 235,000 km. I have the original service books and it has always been serviced by a BMW dealer every 10,000 km. It drives well and to date I've only been up for relatively moderate costs in repairs. Can anyone suggest when it is likely to start costing me significant money to keep on the road ? Thanks.

#5 ·
I am drooling over that E34 touring V-12 you have. That must be incredible fun to drive. The color is my favorite also. I was not aware ACS had a conversion like that. Was that unique to your local market or a one-off conversion that started life as an ACS of a different flavor?

#3 ·
It sounds like you have spread out your maintenance costs over 10,000 km intervals and kept your E34 in good running condition that way. I don't think you have cause to worry that it will suddenly start costing a lot more to keep on the road if brakes, suspension, bushings, wheel bearings, oxygen sensors, plugs, etc. have been serviced over the years. These are some of the most robust cars BMW ever built and can run into very high mileage without trouble if cared for properly. Mine has 200K miles on it and rides and handles better than many newer cars because I have replaced all suspension parts and brakes as they wear out. I intend to put at least another 100K miles on it before I am done. (I have enough confidence in the chassis that I just swapped an S52 motor in.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.