BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bremerhaven to California (waiting at the port)

73K views 1K replies 108 participants last post by  jmlhmbmw1401 
#1 · (Edited)
Been following the "Bremerhaven to NY" thread for a bit just for kicks, so thought I would start a thread for those of us who are on the west coast waiting for our cars to ship.

My 328i M Sport started "production" on September 16th and finished production on September 24th. According to the 800 number, the car is on its way to the "port of exit" today September 26th.

According to the WW website, their ships to Port Hueneme leave Bremerhaven every two weeks. The next ship (Tortugas) leaves on October 5th arriving at Port Hueneme on October 30th. After that ship, the next ship (Elektra) leaves on October 19th arriving at Port Hueneme on November 13th.

From what I have read, BMW does use carriers other than WW.

#462 ·
Hi All,

First time BMW owner... My car arrived on the Elektra yesterday (non ED) but I haven't been able to find out if it is at VPC or when is it expected to be at the dealership in SoCal. Any guidance on how to get more information?

Thanks,

ssb-la

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#463 ·
Hi All,

First time BMW owner... My car arrived on the Elektra yesterday (non ED) but I haven't been able to find out if it is at VPC or when is it expected to be at the dealership in SoCal. Any guidance on how to get more information?

Thanks,

ssb-la

Call 800 831 1117, hit #2, hit 0 and that will take you to a CS Rep. They have up to date info. You will need your production order number.

#470 · (Edited)
I just called the 800 number and the guy said my car was released to the trucking company today but it's not supposed to be at the dealer until the 19th? It's only a 5 and half hour drive to sacramento from oxnard...hoping I can pick it up Saturday or Monday.

FYI, the website says my car is still en route to the US, and the 800 number automated system says my car is still at the port awaiting a vessel. :D

#477 ·
Mine says "discharged" and then also "delivered from" both with today's date on the WW site, but the BMWUSA site is still showing "Final Touches" pending. Perhaps there is a delay as others have stated in this and other discussions. Hoping for a weekend delivery. Cheers.

#482 ·
I'm waiting on mine too. The dealer informed me 2 weeks ago, I would take delivery on the 12th. So when I didn't get a call on that day, I called them. He then said it might be today or tomorrow. Now I find out from calling the 800 number that it was scheduled to be delievered on the 12th but had a "work order" on it so its still in its final stages before getting on a truck. Guy on the phone do not know what that work order is but does that mean something happened to it? Or is it because it's an ED hence the delay?

#483 ·
Snow tire and wheels just arrived. What do you think...

#486 ·
Duallies :rofl:

#493 ·
The Tongala just pulled into Bremerhaven this morning. Good luck to all of us hoping to get our vehicles loaded onto this vessel for transport back to CA!

No kidding - I'll keep trying to track my VIN through the WW website....:yikes:

#495 ·
235/40R-18 front and 255/40R-18 rear Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2.

#497 ·
I have been running Michelins for some time now on various cars and have had very good luck with them. If I do pick up something in the tire, I have never lost much, if any air, so they are almost as good as run flats. As I was looking for winter tires, these had very good reviews and were available in the size I wanted. I do carry a plug kit and a pump, but have never had to use either on the road. My Roadster below has always had Michelins and does not have a spare. It has over 100k on it now and has never had a flat even though it has picked up a few nails/screws over the years. In fact the only flat I have had in years was in my Mini with stock run flats and that resulted in needing to replace the tire at over $300. While the idea behind run flats seems to be good, I don't like the implementation.

#500 ·
Just wanted to post an update with my overall timeline since following this thread was really helpful in passing time between when I ordered and when the car arrived.
9/20 - Order placed for a 335GT with an estimated production in first half of October
9/30 - Production started
10/8 - Production completed
10/19 - Vehicle left Germany on the Elektra with estimated arrival at Port Hueneme on 11/13
11/13 - Elektra arrived at Port Hueneme
11/15 - Car arrived at East Bay BMW (Pleasanton, CA) dealer in the morning, and I picked it up in the afternoon

Big thanks to Ruby, Jason and the rest of the team at East Bay for making everything go smoothly!

#511 ·
Well, I called the 800 number again this morning. I explained that I was told my car was in the VPC last Thursday morning and asked if they could give me an update. The lady told me my car just entered the VPC last night from customs. So, clearly I got bad information last week. I'm not sure where the disconnect was, but I clearly was told it was in the VPC. Anyway, I'm being told the 24th which is Sunday. I hope they are over estimating. It seems excessive to have my car for 5 more days when it only needs a 60 mile trip to my dealer.... And of course I'm out of town the 23rd and 24th....doing the Mario Andretti driving experience at Texas Motor Speedway outside of DFW.... So, on the one hand that will be awesome as I'll be doing 160+ into a 20 degree banked corner... On the other hand, my daily driver will be sitting at my dealer all alone...

#521 ·
Anyone else on the Dione Leader? Looks like its docked in the port of San Diego this morning. Not much longer to go now...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.