BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Thinking about buying E30 M3

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Bruce 
#1 ·
My biggest question is how expensive are they to maintain? I know they are more expensive then my current E30 and parts are harder to come by. What are your guys's thought? I have always loved them to death and am sick of having an ordinary old E30 :p Thanks!

#4 ·
Very true.

#7 ·
The key to an E30 M3 is buying the right one, not the first one OR the cheapest one. 2nd is staying current maintenance. You WILL replace parts that look fine. There are some expensive parts, but a lot of times if you know the secrets you can buy them at a substanial savings. For example- the front bearings are the same as the E28 535- the only difference is the ABS ring- you pop that off the old bearing and put it on the new one and you saved yourself $150+.

The other major key to E30 M3s is to learn to do the work yourself. If you only take your car to the shop to get work done, an E30 m3 is NOT for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.