BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dinan Performance Engine Software for E92 M3?

14K views 56 replies 8 participants last post by  pkim1079 
#1 ·
#2 ·
As a stand alone mod you won't feel much increase in HP and torque. However you will notice how linear the power is delivered. And now to my question....where are driving to reach top speed? Or do you mean redline?...............Phil

#3 ·
Yes.

Installed by original owner in 09.

According to my highly calibrated butt-dyno, my car has always felt 'a bit' livelier than any other E9x M I've ever driven. :bigpimp:

#5 · (Edited)
you'll never do just one mod from dinan. i can't help and tell you the diff between stock and the software bc everything was done at the same time. but not sure you will be able to tell in day to day

going above 155? sure think you'll be able to tell that you CAN do it when you get it

#10 ·
#31 ·
The car behaves no differently with the Dinan pulley. I've been running mine over 2 years in the hot ass Houston heat and humidity and this includes August track days. People complain about Dinan prices but they put out high quality products. And their R&D is by far some of the best in the after-market game. I take the Nike approach with Dinan........"Just Do It"...........Phil

#51 · (Edited)
Edit: GVFlyer, I sent you his cell through pm and let him know that you have tried to email him a couple days ago. He should be going through his emails in a bit, or better, you could call him.

I just got this tune last weekend. It was pretty fun...we got to talk cars, I got to ask a lot of questions. I got the stage 2 tune since I have test pipes and the servotronic tune thrown in (I was able to make the cut in time and I drive a manual so no need for DCT). The car feels very different and it pulls pretty damn hard from even down low. With my setup and tune, its so easy to get to redline so quick that I can't do it on the streets too often anymore. The steering feel is also excellent. I have a canyon meet this Saturday, a track day in the middle of Sep and again at the end of Sep and I'm excited to test it out on my new setup.

He is local to me so I just drove up to his house and all the work was done in his garage. I inquired others on other available tunes out there and wanted some additional info before committing. Speaking to him, I felt comfortable enough to get his tune. Other responses were "we have XXX tune, come on in!" and I felt that was lame especially since I wrote damn near an essay when inquiring. Test pipe exhaust systems with tune are known to bring out 20-30 hp and my butt dyno can actually feel something (its hard to feel just 10hp).

How's that for mods that belong on an s2k? :D

I need to wipe off that sticky crap on the right side I know!

#53 ·
Edit: GVFlyer, I sent you his cell through pm and let him know that you have tried to email him a couple days ago. He should be going through his emails in a bit, or better, you could call him.

I just got this tune last weekend. It was pretty fun...we got to talk cars, I got to ask a lot of questions. I got the stage 2 tune since I have test pipes and the servotronic tune thrown in (I was able to make the cut in time and I drive a manual so no need for DCT). The car feels very different and it pulls pretty damn hard from even down low. With my setup and tune, its so easy to get to redline so quick that I can't do it on the streets too often anymore. The steering feel is also excellent. I have a canyon meet this Saturday, a track day in the middle of Sep and again at the end of Sep and I'm excited to test it out on my new setup.

He is local to me so I just drove up to his house and all the work was done in his garage. I inquired others on other available tunes out there and wanted some additional info before committing. Speaking to him, I felt comfortable enough to get his tune. Other responses were "we have XXX tune, come on in!" and I felt that was lame especially since I wrote damn near an essay when inquiring. Test pipe exhaust systems with tune are known to bring out 20-30 hp and my butt dyno can actually feel something (its hard to feel just 10hp).

How's that for mods that belong on an s2k? :D

!
Thanks!

I was just joshin' you about the Honda mods, but the Asian guys in my S2000 club really do use a lot of Japanese Domestic Market stuff.

#55 ·
No offense taken. Its all fun and games. But some japanese stuff are top quality. I would say more so then american brands: adv1 vossen whatever new designer wheel out there.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#56 ·
I got the stage 1 with Dinan pulley and Dinan CAI and honestly with all that done the car pulls harder and is better up top.

You won't get some wow factor like the jb4/Cobb on a 335i where u up the boost by 10+psi but you will get amazing refinement a much more linear power band and of course the cold start clean up!

All and all I'd say the mods are a noticeable improvement and worth it especially if u can DIY.

Big grin and love bpm and have always Been satisfied with Dinan.

Only way you wouldn't be happy is if you're looking for raw hp... If you want that gintani stage 2 or 3 or ess 625/650 :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.