BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

how long did it take for your X5 order

9K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  smuggymba 
#1 ·
Guys I have to ask this because we are going on to 5 weeks now and still the BMW site is saying the car is ordered but not in production. I am not in any hurry but in another 11 days its going to be March and from what I know it will be the last month they will be building 2011 models.

The question I have for the board how long did it take you guys to take delivery for your X5 from the time you ordered it.

#2 ·
Guys I have to ask this because we are going on to 5 weeks now and still the BMW site is saying the car is ordered but not in production. I am not in any hurry but in another 11 days its going to be March and from what I know it will be the last month they will be building 2011 models.

The question I have for the board how long did it take you guys to take delivery for your X5 from the time you ordered it.
I was told 4-6 weeks, but it took 8 weeks. That was end of 2010.

#3 ·

All depends on allocation to dealership..they know this info. it took mine 15 days from order to arrive in my driveway in NJ

#8 ·
Yes, and for one simple reason this question is useless:

the time from order to production is ENTIRELY dependent on the dealership allocation, and virtually independent of 'how long it takes to bake the cake'.

It is about 2-3 weeks for production to delivery. Everything else depends on the allocations slots YOUR dealer has.

Why not simply demand they tell you what production slot your car will have? It will be a week number. Furthermore, if it is within a few weeks of the 2012 MY, you should rethink taking an '11

A

#10 ·
Mine took 6 weeks from order to delivery, which I thought was a long wait already. Definitely demand to know from your dealer which bulid week you've been allocated.

Since you're not in a hurry to get the new car, threaten to cancel the order, or ask for a MY2012 build based on same price (Invoice+dealer profit)

#17 ·
We ordered my wife's X5 premium on 31 January...it will be at dealer next week, lead time to production was 1 week. OP isn't in a hurry so no big deal, but if you were you could talk to your CA. The have ways of finding allocation if they want to do the work. I wanted the car here by end of Feb or we would wait for a MY2012. So since my dealer had no production before then they went out and traded with another dealer to get a slot that was there the week we ordered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.