BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How long does production take?

23K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  mr29 
#1 ·
My new X3 moved from the "order" step to the "production" step. Does anyone know how long the production phase runs? I've read that it actually takes only 36 hours to build the X3.

#2 ·
factoring in President''s Weekend, my X3 went into production on February 15th and was completed on the February 22nd (now just waiting for it to be released for delivery). This is based on information from the 800 # and the BMW website which, as I've read elsewhere, are not exactly always up to date.

Enjoy your new X3!

#8 ·
Ordered on 13th or 14th (being Monday) and it should be here Monday 3/7. 3 weeks on the dot beginning to finish

Which dealer?

#10 ·
My wife and I were just talking about Chapman this weekend. We lived in Gilbert AZ 9 years shovels took our Z3 there for Dinan upgrades (chip and CAI) plus a SuperSprint exhaust. Nice dealership then. I am glad they are still good!

#11 ·
I haven't had good service with them on the phone or in their parts department, but thats the extent of my business with them. Their new place looks really clean and nice
We have been going to N. Scottsdale for a long time and they treat us well.

#12 ·
It can be tough to pick a dealer. I had one bad experience with Scottsdale BMW over 5 years ago. But it really isn't fair to judge them based on that. When I was negotiating for my last 328i, Chapman gave me a better deal, so I went with them. I live a couple of hours north of the Valley, both dealerships are equal driving time for me from where I live.

I have had a little experience with Chapman's service department and the manager of the service department there, Doug, was outstanding.

#13 ·
Almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like my X3 will arrive at the dealership just shy of 4 weeks......I think that is pretty good. I liked seeing the production video. Nice marketing tool!!!!!!

Can't wait to get behind the wheel, even though I'm giving up my E36 M3...............

#15 ·
Mine took (6) weeks from signing the order to driving away from the dealer's lot.
Actual, physical production took (32) hours according to the production video time stamps.

Almost through the 1200 mile break-in period - Can't wait to begin to enjoy the performance. Keeping the revs down can be a challenge sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.