BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

No Heat, Heater Control Valve?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SuperSnoop 
#1 ·
My 2005 745LI has no heat , and its cold here! Coolant is full, no external leaks that I can see. Does someone have the manual that covers testing the heater control valve and/or the aux water pump? My no heat problem happens both at idle and at speed on the highway so not sure if the aux pump is at fault or not. This is with the heat set on max at 90 degrees which I've read should bypass a number of systems and sensors and just make the thing blow really hot air.

I have a scangauge hooked up to the diag port and the water temp stays steady around 220 degrees F , which seems a bit hot to me since its 40 outside. I have an infrared thermometer thing and when I point it at the water pump I see temps around 190 on both large hoses and the water pump housing itself. When I read the temp on the 3 heater control valve hoses all 3 read around 115 degrees. Don't know if that info helps diag my problem but that's where I'm at at this point.

Any help appreciated !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.