BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

I'm back with a smile again!

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Rolf-Dieter 
#1 ·
After an unusually warm day in Chicago this past Sunday, I decided to take my Z out of storage for the season. Took a nice drive and experienced all over again all the reasons I love this car. After nearly 5 months of storage, I was like a little kid in a candy store! Got a nice sunburn too! I also put the summer tires back on the E60, so I am now officially ready for warmer weather. Of course, it's cold again, but at least there's no snow! Here's a picture of what I had to deal with one February evening. It was twice as bad the next morning.

Hello everyone! I'm back with a smile again!:)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice to see you back Atty, have a great summer :)

As you can see I made the move back to the M3

#5 ·
It's great to be back! I only have about 4800 miles on the odometer, but I expect that to change this summer with some nice road trips in the planning! I can't wait for the fun to begin. Rolf-Dieter, I read that you moved back to the M3. Sweet ride, but I'm glad to hear you're still on the Z4 forum.

#7 ·
Thanks Atty, :) I drop in here and then to check how many of you have problems with your wheels. There seam to be a lot more people reporting cracks now with 296 wheels.

So for anyone having Style 296 wheels keep checking your wheels for cracks and keep a sharp eye on your tire pressure (in the Z forum here http://e89.zpost.com/forums/).

As for the M3 Atty, I missed to be able to take my bike along and the uncertainty of the next wheel crack(s) was something I could no longer deal with it made me uneasy going for a drive. So now I have regular Michelin tires and forged wheels. All is cool now.

Take care,

Rolf-Dieter

#6 ·
Now I wonder what ever happened to erdoran. Perhaps she's still upset about the Blackhawks :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.