BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

For those of you about to place an order... (September '10 Build Changes)

17K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  jlnike 
#1 · (Edited)
May want to wait another month or so to get a September production. Starting with September production you will get (or have the option to get):

1) BMW Assist with Extended Bluetooth - not sure exactly the feature-set of this.
2) Mobile Office - This is a really cool one, can view your Blackberry email and text messages on the Nav screen.
3) Bluetooth Music Streaming - Not many will utilize this.
4) iPod 6FL will have 1 wire integration (no more Y cable)
5) iPod 6FL Cover Art will show on the iDrive, can select iPod playback via voice (for example, "Play Coldplay"
6) Seems like Roof Rails will be removed as standard for 35i Premium and Sports Activity, and will be stand-alone options for $100
7) Heated Seats, Multi-Contour Seats, and Navigation are stand-alone options

PDF Bulletin is attached

Attachments

#67 · (Edited)
Anybody have any further updates regarding the October 10, 2010 start date for these new bluetooth updates for the X5 E70 in SC.

I have a production date for third week of September for X5D and was debating delaying the order.

As usual

1) my CA
2) Dealer
3) BMW NA Reps

..have no clue about these changes.

Anybody have any phone numbers that I can all.

Thanks

#68 ·
I Had my CA hold my build to make sure it had the updates. She just got back to me last week with a new production number slotted dor the first week of September. She said she confirmed and reconfirmed that the updated bluetooth system will be in my september build.

Im not sure about the October delay rumors... This thread is the only place Ive heard that... You would think BMW would have mentioned a delay btw since September is around the corner. I dunno.

I trust my Ca, she's been straight with me since day 1. This is my second custom order btw... I had to turn down the first for other reasons. That was in early July. I've been holding out for these latest updates... Nobody knows that better than my CA.

#70 ·
I Had my CA hold my build to make sure it had the updates. She just got back to me last week with a new production number slotted for the first week of September.
So are you week 36 build?:dunno:

I am week 37 build and just want to be 100% sure I am in the Sept. build cycle. Would deff. for once would love to get the latest stuff...I am always the guy who just misses an update by a month or two...hopefully this time around I get all the updates...wishing for the LED Coronas:angel:

#72 ·
Ok, I think I have some more info but I'm not sure if it applies to us x5 people. Some guys in a 5 series forum mentioned the inclusion of a "6vc combobox controller" on the order list. Apparently this is the new piece of hardware which makes the iPod and BT features possible... At least in the 5 series. Not sure about the x5. My order doesn't have this so now I'm concerned...

Does anybody with a recent order sheet have an item with code 6vc on it?

#88 ·
I ordered my F10 550 on Aug 7th, according to the order sheet the 6VC Combobox Controller is on my car.

It was a week 34 production with completion on Sept 2nd. I'm crossing my fingers that my car includes this!! I'll know in a couple weeks when the car finally arrives in Texas.

According to my dealer they've already received an August production M3 with the Combobox on it.

#73 ·
2011 5 series got this update already. The rest of the 2011s are supposed to be in the September build. Im going to order my car on Thursday. I really hope I get those new features, I have streaming bluetooth in my wifes 2011 Sienna and its awesome with the Iphone 4 but it doesn't show any information on the screen. BMWs BT streaming is supposed to show everything including album art. Thats awesome

#74 ·
I seem to be the only one getting the Oct 10 date so I went back and spoke to my CA today and showed him the quotes from swamyg1 and asked why everyone else seems to have heard differently. He showed me an e-mail from Alanna Bahri at BMW NA who is apparently the production manager for the X5 in Spartanburg that confirmed the Oct 10 date.

My CA has been great and offered to change the build date to whenever would make me comfortable, but still firmly believes his info is good. I've decided to stick with the earlier date (mine is scheduled for next week) since Oct 10 is definitely too long a wait for me. If it was a more substantial upgrade (like an 8spd for the diesel), I'd wait

I guess in a month we'll all know for sure!

P.S. My order is for and X5d, Deep Sea Blue over Cinnamon Brown.

#77 ·
UGH, I really wish this information was more public. They shouldn't keep all us buyers, and potential buyers in the dark about this. I mean c'mon! it's gonna be halfway through the production year before we get the correct version of the vehicle... that's ridiculous.

I'm probably going to be one of those "poor saps" that wait for these features since I plan to keep my vehicle for 4 to 5 years. I'm reconfirming with my CA again today... UGH.

#78 ·
I agree, they really make this difficult for the CA's, who will take the brunt of the annoyance over any misinformation. Last week I also tried calling customer service at BMW NA and they said they didn't release information about production changes directly to customers and that my CA would have the latest information. When I asked what if two CAs have different answers, she didn't seem to know what to say. That being said, I was happy with the car when I ordered it so I plan to be happy with it when I get it, even though the electronics will be sooo 2010.

dencoop: I went with the dark walnut. I couldn't find a cinnamon/bamboo combo to look at and decided not to take the chance. I'll definitely post pics when I get it.

#79 · (Edited)
I am quite aggravated by this as well. I gave up an August production slot, just to get the September production change and now it looks like I will lose the ultimate drive event credit AND not get the update. :mad:
I am not sure how truthful it is, but my CA had a week 35 slot for me but told me yesterday that it got moved forward to week 34 by BMW. He said it is normal for BMW to pull forward or push backward a bit depending upon their manufacturing pace. Anyone knows if it is true? So I gave up that slot just to get the September build and now this!! Someone took that week 34 slot already :(
I told him unless he can get me a week 36 (to have a little bit of chance to get it delivered before 9/30), put me on a week 41 slot. I waited this long and am losing the UDE credit, I just can***8217;t NOT wait for the damn change***8230;UGH

#80 ·
I am quite aggravated by this as well. I gave up an August production slot, just to get the September production change and now it looks like I will lose the ultimate drive event credit AND not get the update. :mad:
I am not sure how truthful it is, but my CA had a week 35 slot for me but told me yesterday that it got moved forward to week 34 by BMW. He said it is normal for BMW to pull forward or push backward a bit depending upon their manufacturing pace. Anyone knows if it is true? So I gave up that slot just to get the September build and now this!! Someone took that week 34 slot already :(
I told him unless he can get me a week 36 (to have a little bit of chance to get it delivered before 9/30), put me on a week 41 slot. I waited this long and am losing the UDE credit, I just can't NOT wait for the damn change….UGH
I believe your CA is correct - my dealer said the ordering system has changed from how it used to be, there isn't a true level of predictability now. BMW has gone to more of a "just in time" approach, which means things aren't as rigidly scheduled.

I'm just glad that I didn't bother waiting, sounds like there's going to be a bunch of angry customers plugging in their iPods to find no artwork, lol.

Wonder if BMW will learn their lesson, and only do these major changes with a new MY - it pisses off customers who bought a 2011 to find it's not a 2011v2, not to mention all the orders trying to get 2011v2 based off various rumors and misinformation. Poorly handled all around.

#81 ·
I went in today to change my production date to October week 40. No go, already fixed for production when they come back from holiday in September!

If the main change is album art, usb connectivity to the iPod and better Bluetooth I am not too bothered. If it was new iDrive navigation functions I would be more upset.

All in all, I don't think it will stop us enjoying the car. Roll on November for delivery, or even better if delivery is earlier. :)

CW

#82 ·
Update - From a "Reliable Source at BMW Spartanburg SC"

The Changeover is in October, all of us who pushed back to September are F*kd :mad:

I am going to keep my production slot as I am leasing and $1,000 Ultimate Drive credit is worth more to me then the updates..:bawling:

#85 ·
Also got confirm today from my cousin who works at Spartanburg plant (I am from there).

October is when we will see those changes. Since bluetooth isn't a biggie for us, we are going to just go with getting an LED kit to squash our lighting problems:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=&ua=M*S?&itemid=280515557128#ht_10352wt_822

That should take care of our lighting troubles. So, we'll see how it goes.

We still don't have a production date, and we placed our order on 7/2/10.

But we are not willing to wait longer for a lighting change we can make for $130.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.