BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The official Bimmerfest 2009 Photo Thread

81K views 117 replies 41 participants last post by  MB330 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#16 ·
Seems to be 2 distinct crowds.. the "classic"-loving guys and gals and their '02s, E30 M3's, Alpinas, etc., as original as possible or tarted up with factory or German tuner go-fast bits. Then there's the "bling" crowd, with 35-lb wheels of maximum diameter, 600 lbs of ICE in the trunk, speeding tickets taped to their windows (WTF is up with THAT??!), defaced roundels, etc. My point? It's ALL GOOD! Nice to see crowds of people with diverse interests, who share this one common bond, can come together and show off their cars, in whatever ways they manifest themselves. Looks like an awesome event, I'm going to have to try to make it out next year.

#19 ·
maybe if the park wouldnt be so strict about "reving" the enigne...what was that all about?!?!
Probably something to do with annoying the hell out of every other attendee but yourself?

Every Bimmerfest it's a handful of people revving their motors, bouncing off the rev limiter for 5 minutes or more. I don't get it.

Someone wants to hear your exhaust because they're interested in buying one? Fire up the motor, let it idle for a few secs, give it a few blips and let 'er rip once, and shut it down. What are you proving with 5+ minutes of revving? :dunno: If you're doing it right you'd be done before anyone could even come by to complain. If you're getting complaints, you deserve it.

#20 ·
not talking about myself, i dont rev at idle cuz its no good, im talking about the show cars...like that one booth that had a red m3 with some custom made blow out valve, everybody wanted to hear it but the staff told the guys at the booth theyre gonna get kicked out... ??? ...

#28 · (Edited)

Attachments

#29 · (Edited)
Cont.

Attachments

#31 ·
From my cell. Will post link to high res images from my buddy who was shooting later.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.