BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Oil Pan Gasket

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Josh429er 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has done this? Mine just castrophically failed today. The bottom of my car is now lubricated, and when I dropped the plastic skid plate deal I found out It was holding a good 3 cups of oil. It had no warning signs of going. I didn't even know it was leaking I was under the car to fix the exhaust leak before I attemp to trade it in lol.

My buddy's mom has a high milage 528 E39 theyve never done one.

#2 ·
Did it on an M50, it was a PIA. It appears the M30 requires an exhaust disconnect. To jack up the engine, you can always do it from ground level and place blocks at the engine mount. Bentley has a write up. If you do it right, it takes awhile between making sure you have new nuts, tools to get at hard to reach locations. So on and so forth. http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/1131186/

Do a search on the M30 which I believe is your 535 engine?.....

#3 ·
Yeah your right It's a M30, it didn't look that bad but I didn't look that hard. I know better than to attempt that. My trans oil pan had seized bolts holding it on. I would imagine It's the same for the oil pan. Literally 5 minutes before i discovered the leak I had set up an appointment at a dealer to look at some replacement possibilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.