BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2009 750i vibration problem

69K views 137 replies 33 participants last post by  Curtisjmwc1 
#1 ·
Hello guys, Just got my new 750i few weeks ago and have a concern. This is my 4th 7 series so I am quite familiar with these cars. I got about 600miles on it and noticed the car rides a bit rough. In fact it feels like the car has slight vibration. At first I thought it was the rough roads or I was just imagining it. But the courtesy 5 series I got rides way smoother. Obviously this makes no sense. Reason I am asking you fellows is b/c often I find the service dept. at BMW kinda brush me off and say something like: "we compared with similiar 7 series and found nothing out of normal" , this of course drives me nutso.
Please do respond if you would be so kind.
Thank you!

#55 ·
I had a similar problem with a new MB E500 that I purchased in 2003. The car would vibrate at speeds between 60-80mph. I took the car back and had to go through the usual first line of BS "our tech has looked at it and there is nothing wrong" I knew there was a problem as my Bro had the exact same car and he did not have the vibration. This discussion goes back and forth a couple of times and I demand to meet the senior tech at the dealership. I go for a ride with the techie and he tries to convince me that the ride is normal, but he is only doing 55-60. I insist he takes the car on the 405 freeway and drive at 80mph. At the speed the vibration was so obvious that he turned red face and admitted there is a problem. So the car goes back into the workshop for two weeks and I manage to build a rapport with the tech guy and I tell him that I have complete faith in him, however if the problem can not be fixed would he support me with discussions with the dealership about a replacement or unwinding the deal? Amazingly he replies yes. Two weeks later the problem persists so I arrange a meeting with the GM and the tech guy. He informs the GM the car cannot be fixed he has tried everything, the GM tries to give me replacement but I decide i want nothing more to do with MB and demand they unwind the deal and not obligate me to take a replacement of their choosing. Luckily the GM agrees

After the saga I went for a FX35, absolutely amazing car got a second one 3 yrs later. After the second one I wanted to try something different I loved the shape of the new 750 LI series and decided to test drive it, fell in love with the power and smooth ride. I absolutely love my car, there are not many where I live and so I get a lot of looks when driving. I will definitely get a second one.

#56 ·
I had a similar problem with a new MB E500 that I purchased in 2003. The car would vibrate at speeds between 60-80mph. I took the car back and had to go through the usual first line of BS "our tech has looked at it and there is nothing wrong" I knew there was a problem as my Bro had the exact same car and he did not have the vibration. This discussion goes back and forth a couple of times and I demand to meet the senior tech at the dealership. I go for a ride with the techie and he tries to convince me that the ride is normal, but he is only doing 55-60. I insist he takes the car on the 405 freeway and drive at 80mph. At the speed the vibration was so obvious that he turned red face and admitted there is a problem. So the car goes back into the workshop for two weeks and I manage to build a rapport with the tech guy and I tell him that I have complete faith in him, however if the problem can not be fixed would he support me with discussions with the dealership about a replacement or unwinding the deal? Amazingly he replies yes. Two weeks later the problem persists so I arrange a meeting with the GM and the tech guy. He informs the GM the car cannot be fixed he has tried everything, the GM tries to give me replacement but I decide i want nothing more to do with MB and demand they unwind the deal and not obligate me to take a replacement of their choosing. Luckily the GM agrees

After the saga I went for a FX35, absolutely amazing car got a second one 3 yrs later. After the second one I wanted to try something different I loved the shape of the new 750 LI series and decided to test drive it, fell in love with the power and smooth ride. I absolutely love my car, there are not many where I live and so I get a lot of looks when driving. I will definitely get a second one.
Thanks for sharing ZedJes. I too found the 750LI very smooth on my test drive days before I took delivery on my 750i . The very next day after I took delivery, the dealer calls to see how is the car. I respond it runs really rough but he assures it probably just needs alignment. No biggie...so I thought. As you know thru this post, it has become one big nightmare especially when anyone tries to tell me this is normal after 81 straight days in the shop!?!?!?!?!

I will be meeting the regional tech this week sometime. BTW my lawyer is on the sideline awaiting BMW's resolve to this horror show before proceeding.

#60 ·
The question I have is what if there is a problem with all 7 series and they all do that? Perhaps that is why they are resisting giving another car because they realize that will not make the original poster happy. As someone who is considering a new 550 which is based on this same chassis, I am having serious second thoughts...add in the high pressure fuel pump issues and I hate to say it, but after 6 BMWs I might abandon them. On top of that the 550i GT has a 46% 2 year lease residual...they have no confidence in the future value of their cars, so why should I?

I wish the original poster the best of luck in getting this resolved...its a terrible situation.

#61 ·
THanks for the encouragement TGray5. Let me assure you not all the 7 series have this issue. I have a few friends that have the new 7(one with 20" sport and the other Li model) and they ride smooth. Nobody including myself will accept this car that shimmy's and vibrates that is very noticeable.

IF you do go for a new BMW...make sure you make the deal subject to test drive upon delivery.

All the best!

#67 ·
2009 BMW 750Li with vibration/Shimmy

Hi All: I have a 2009 750Li with the Sport Package, Pirelli PZero 245/45 19 fronts, and 275/40 19 rears. I got the car in August, and as the weather got colder, I have noticed a shimmy or vibration that makes it feel like I'm driving on rippled pavement. It is much worse when the car shifts at roughly 30 and 40 miles per hour. At 80 miles per hour I can't feel it, but at 50 to 60 miles per hour it can feel like I'm driving on a rough road even though the pavement is perfectly smooth. There is no noise coming from the drive train. The problem improves after about 25 to 30 minutes once the car and tires are very warm, but I don't think the shimmy ever completely goes away. At times it can feel as if something is grabbing in the rear of the car giving a to-and-fro sensation or high frequency hesitation. I've never hit a pot hole, but the dealer said it was a balancing issue with the wheels and tires. Unfortunately, that did not correct the problem. The dealer also replaced the spark plugs because of a service bulletin, but I haven't noticed any difference with that either. I have another appointment with the dealer next week...they still think its a tire issue. The tires are about $500 each, so I would expect them not to be the problem. It seems more like the differential or transmission to me. I love the car otherwise. I've had 3 other BMW's, and I've never had an issue like this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

This post was "cut and pasted" to this thread as it seems similar to bcool's problem.

#68 ·
2009 750 i - problems

I've signed up to share my "7" experiences! I got my first 7 when the I drive first came out 2002 745 i which I absolutely loved in spite of the regular visits to the dealer's service shop. It was almost like clock work, every month there was an software upgrade or something had to be 'tweaked" but I put up with it because I loved the car and justified the service visits due to the fact this was then new technology!

my next "7" was a 2006 750 i, which was not too bad, no major problems but I wish I could say the same about my current "7' a 2009 750 i.

2009 750i, Alpine white, absolutely the sexiest car on the road; unfortunately, this car has two serious problems that two major dealers diagnosed but can't figure out what the source is.

1- whining noise like the steering pump is going on it's last breath
2- vibration at certain speeds, it feels like it's coming from the suspension.

Both problems were acknowledged by the two dealers' service shops, but no fix!!!

#71 · (Edited)
One of the reason(s) why i'm pushing bcool to make this a legal issue is that it's the only way BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ in Munich will get to know about this vibration problem. If the dealership statement that "...there're other F01/02 experiencing the same vibration problem..." then BMW HQ OUGHT to be aware of this and jump on the issue before it's too late.

By now we're all aware of what has happen to Toyota. After almost a year of denial and blaming the problem on stuck floor mat, they've admitted there is a major problem and have recall 8 million Toyota vehicles. Not only will this recall affect their safety reputation, it'll drive away some of their loyal customers and also affect their Q2 earnings drastically (somewhere in the ball park of 2 billion or more).

Right now, the local BMW dealership and the regional manager is playing games with bcool and i GUARANTEE you BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ leadership are not even aware of this vibration problem that seems to be going on with some of the F01/02 and how bcool car has being in the shop for 90 days plus and still making payments on it.

In summary, the ONLY way to resolve this issue is to force BMW HQ to start investigating the vibration problem on the F01/02 and it may take the court/legal system to open this case up to get BMW HQ attention. Hopefully, BMW is learning a lesson from Toyota and will not make the same mistake.

bcool,
Just incase BMW try to settle the case, please make sure part of the settlement includes BMW agreeing to investigate the vibration problem. That's the least you could do for all F01/02 owners out there. Just my personal thought, btw.

#73 ·
One of the reason(s) why i'm pushing bcool to make this a legal issue is that it's the only way BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ in Munich will get to know about this vibration problem. If the dealership statement that "...there're other F01/02 experiencing the same vibration problem..." then BMW HQ OUGHT to be aware of this and jump on the issue before it's too late.

By now we're all aware of what has happen to Toyota. After almost a year of denial and blaming the problem on stuck floor mat, they've admitted there is a major problem and have recall 8 million Toyota vehicles. Not only will this recall affect their safety reputation, it'll drive away some of their loyal customers and also affect their Q2 earnings drastically (somewhere in the ball park of 2 billion or more).

Right now, the local BMW dealership and the regional manager is playing games with bcool and i GUARANTEE you BMW Canada, BMW NA, and BMW HQ leadership are not even aware of this vibration problem that seems to be going on with some of the F01/02 and how bcool car has being in the shop for 90 days plus and still making payments on it.

In summary, the ONLY way to resolve this issue is to force BMW HQ to start investigating the vibration problem on the F01/02 and it may take the court/legal system to open this case up to get BMW HQ attention. Hopefully, BMW is learning a lesson from Toyota and will not make the same mistake.

bcool,
Just incase BMW try to settle the case, please make sure part of the settlement includes BMW agreeing to investigate the vibration problem. That's the least you could do for all F01/02 owners out there. Just my personal thought, btw.
Well said asaeban. Really seems like the service manager etc.. are playing games indeed. How long have they had your car now? 100 days? Any updates bcool?

#75 ·
750 Li Vibration Issue

Hi BCOOL,
Just read your post and I have a similar story. I purchased my 750 Li and got it delivered at the end of August 09. After driving about 1 week I noticed the vibration. I took it to the dealer, they verified and said there were defective tires and changed a couple. Still the issue persisted. It was back in the shop again they changed another tire, I'll get the car back and still the same issue. By this time the car was in the shop on numerous occasions and I did believe it was a tire issue, so wasn't really worried. When I purchased, I got 2 sets of rims and tires, one for summer and one for winter. So It was starting to get cold and I decided to not have them mess with it again because I was assuming when I put the winter set on the problem would be solved. Well, In November that was done and still the same issue. That's when I got concerned. There is definitely not a rim or tire issue. The vibration occurs bet 55-65 and the car noticeably "shakes", which is not felt on the steering wheel, but instead on the seat and the entire car. Since Nov. the car has been in the shop for average of 7-8 weeks. They have done pretty much everything - including changing the drive shaft and completely "reprogrammed" the shifting etc. and nothing has helped. I do love this car but it is becoming annoying and a major pain. I try to drive so I don't feel it but it's hard when it's in that speed range. I am waiting to see what BMW has planned and will keep you updated. My dealer admits there is a concern and is trying to get it resolved. We'll see.. But I will take this as far as I need to.

#91 ·
Hi BCOOL,
Just read your post and I have a similar story. I purchased my 750 Li and got it delivered at the end of August 09. After driving about 1 week I noticed the vibration. I took it to the dealer, they verified and said there were defective tires and changed a couple. Still the issue persisted. It was back in the shop again they changed another tire, I'll get the car back and still the same issue. By this time the car was in the shop on numerous occasions and I did believe it was a tire issue, so wasn't really worried. When I purchased, I got 2 sets of rims and tires, one for summer and one for winter. So It was starting to get cold and I decided to not have them mess with it again because I was assuming when I put the winter set on the problem would be solved. Well, In November that was done and still the same issue. That's when I got concerned. There is definitely not a rim or tire issue. The vibration occurs bet 55-65 and the car noticeably "shakes", which is not felt on the steering wheel, but instead on the seat and the entire car. Since Nov. the car has been in the shop for average of 7-8 weeks. They have done pretty much everything - including changing the drive shaft and completely "reprogrammed" the shifting etc. and nothing has helped. I do love this car but it is becoming annoying and a major pain. I try to drive so I don't feel it but it's hard when it's in that speed range. I am waiting to see what BMW has planned and will keep you updated. My dealer admits there is a concern and is trying to get it resolved. We'll see.. But I will take this as far as I need to.
Fabgreg,
Let me tell you that you are 100% not hullicinating b/c some of the cars including mine are doing the same thing which is not only abnormal but completely annoying. Please keep us up to date.

#76 ·
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

I was a devoted BMW fan but not anymore. They don't deserve our business.

:thumbdwn:

#86 ·
Hi BCOOL,

I am in Australia and I have a 740Li with the same issue. I run the 20'wheels and BMW have tried 3 sets, balanced 4 times, re rolled the rims, still same issue. It has had over 4 weeks in the shop and I am so embarrased. We have owned 13 BMW from M3's, M5 and everything in between. The dealer knows there is an issue but BMW Australia tell us it is a characteristic of the car!!! Well this is a load of bull. We are so dissapointed with the "Premium BMW"It has become everything NON BMW we have ever known. My father says there is nothing we can really do about it but it is really pissing me off. I have sent a link to this forum to the dealer and I am not leting this one go. I didn't buy a cheap Korean car I bought the top of the line BMW and are getting treated like crap. Let me know anyone else if you have had a similar problem and how you have fixed it! We have tried 18"wheels and it was the same.

My wife has a 09 750Li that we picked up in Oct. I've only driven the car 3-4x and have been disappointed with the ride and stupid e-throttle/transmission every time. I noticed a slight vibration going down the road at 50-60 today and attributed it to the run flats but after reading this thread I'm not so sure. Having had a 03 745Li, I can tell you this 09 doesn't ride nearly as nice as my old 7. Is it possible the rear wheel steering is contributing to the problem? Maybe alignment shifts under load and makes the rear end squirrely within a certain speed range? It would explain the seat of the pants feel vs steering wheel shimmy.
THanks Bonzamonza and 2thfxr for your sharing...really appreciate it.
For your info, mine does not have rear wheel steering.
Will post in the next day or so some shocking info...just have to head out in few minutes.

#92 ·
Hi BCOOL,

Hello Bonzamonza and everyone else.

I am writing an update in which I will try my best not to do in anger.
UPDATE:
I got a call yesterday from BMW Autowest Service Manager telling me to come pick up my car b/c they need the courtesy car back and there is nothing more they can do.
Their conclusion is that the vibration problem is a normal characteristic of the 750i!!!:thumbdwn:
BUT at the same time admit mine has a more intense shimmy/vibration!?!??!
So...BMW wants me the customer to figure how to fix it on my own?!?!?!

Today I went to pick up my car and went on a road test with the service manager. He concurs that the vibration/shimmy is obvious and noticeable. He also admitted during the road test that as a former mechanic he feels it was a huge letdown not to be able to fix this issue.
He says now that he has delivered the car back to me, he can now fight for me with BMW Canada. Hmmmm...why not before?!?!

This one big nightmare!! But wait it gets better. I noticed that the car has over 300kms on it since I brought it in and when I asked the service manager he just looked embarrassed. He said probably went on lot of road tests. But 300kms?!?! Least of my concerns right now so let it go.
THen as soon as I get home I notice a door ding on the rear passenger side door. I called right away and l/m w the service manager. Then...later on after dinner I noticed my dvd's were missing from trunk that I had placed there to watch. I called and left message w service manager just now and asked him to tell whoever 'borrowed' my dvd's to return them BUT now I am wondering if someone took up my car for pleasure b/c things are not adding up.
REALLY DISAPPOINTED!

#77 ·
I just got my 2009 750Li with sport package back from the dealer for the second time on Friday. I must say that I was very pessimistic about whether or not they would actually be able to find anything wrong based on what I've been reading. However, after a 2 day software update that included transmission program changes, the car no longer vibrates when shifting at 30 and at 40 mph. It also doesn't hesitate or get the jerking to-and-fro motion at constant speeds anymore. They even had a BMW technician drive the car with me, and they had a representative from the BMW corporate offices following the problem with me. They also offered me new tires at no cost which would have replaced the Pirelli's with Goodyears. I declined this offer (for now) as I think the Pirelli's are fine. From what I've read, any run flat tire will have some issues when cold after not being driven for a while. To my suprise, the car is performing flawlessly. They really fixed it!!! The tires seem fine with no detectable shimmy either...even when they are cold. This software update is new, so I hope it helps everyone who has had the same problem finally get some satisfaction. The car really is a dream when it's running perfectly.

#79 ·
I just don't understand it. Through the years I have always found BMW to be an incredible company to deal with and have always seen them do the correct thing. I am at a loss for words.

Whatever is going on either with your dealer, your lawyer or BMW of Canada, I would suggest a change in direction. What you are doing is not working and something is wrong somewhere, IMHO.

Good luck and I hope this gets resolved shortly. Your patience is greater than mine, by a long shot!

#87 ·
If BMW Canada have no ideas surely they should be contacting Munich??

I'd try emailing BMW Germany and put them in the loop and try to force BMW Canada's hand??

customer.service@bmw.com this is BMW AG customer email so straight to Munich it will go (I think???):thumbup:
Thanks again LovinM6, your words actually gave me a smile when you credit me with great patience. To me that is a great compliment.
Thanks Ian_L...that sounds like a plan.

I got some shocking stuff to share but it might be kinda of longer post so I will share very soon.

To everyone reading...I just want to say thank you for all your encouragement and great input. Kinda feel sorry that this post is of a negative nature and not of a joyful one as many of the posts are. So..I sincerely thank YOU.

#83 ·
Hmm I was thinking run flats too but the OP in this thread said he had his tires replaced 3x and another poster said he had snow tires/rims (non run flat) installed and had the same issue.

#82 ·
My wife has a 09 750Li that we picked up in Oct. I've only driven the car 3-4x and have been disappointed with the ride and stupid e-throttle/transmission every time. I noticed a slight vibration going down the road at 50-60 today and attributed it to the run flats but after reading this thread I'm not so sure. Having had a 03 745Li, I can tell you this 09 doesn't ride nearly as nice as my old 7. Is it possible the rear wheel steering is contributing to the problem? Maybe alignment shifts under load and makes the rear end squirrely within a certain speed range? It would explain the seat of the pants feel vs steering wheel shimmy.

#84 ·
Ok guys than how do you explain what I went through over the weekend? We put on the normal tyres and I did not have any vibration at all. However I decided to stick with the run flats as the vinration is very very slight, not something you will feel right away unless your a car nut like myself. I also did have a seat in my friends 07 730Li which also uses run flats and he had the same issue and at the same speed like mine.

#85 ·
That is fantastic Samlambo that your BMW service team fixed your issue just like Peskas on prevoius post had his issue properly diagnosed and corrected. Kudos for both those teams and great that your cars are running flawless now.
Since my BMW service team already tried 3 new sets of tires and different wheel combinations etc..., it is quite evident it is a different problem. Nonetheless, really glad to hear your are satisfied and enjoying your 7. Really wish I can say the same:thumbdwn: . I got a new shocking update but I got to run for now and will post later.

#100 · (Edited)
bcool,

I just got off the phone with my SA and he informed me that the recall for "defect code 0061130300***8207;" is to fix the vibration problem. I don't how true this is but i'm curious to find out so if you could, please contact your SA and schedule a service appointment for them to fix that recall...which is basically a reprogramming of the car. As you know BMW is more electronics than mechanical so this software update/reprogram MAY fix the vibration problem indeed.

For what it's worth, i recommend you call another dealership (not the one you're currently dealing with...i've lost faith in them already) and enquire about any recall campaign for your F01 (gve then your VIN). There should be atleast two (that i'm aware of); one for the drive belt guard cover and one for defect code 0061130300***8207;.

My SA also told me that the reprogramming/software for my car has being crashing all day (which is typical) and they're hoping it'll install/reprogram successfully by Monday. I have a nice X5 loaner without any company logo or courtesy markings on it so i'm going to enjoy that for the weekend.

Incase anyone is interested, i'm getting the latest Navigation map updates (6 disk total according to my SA) and the the Navigation OS update loaded for $170. Not bad compare to when i use to buy NavTeq map updates for $199.

#101 ·
Thanks so much Asaseaban for taking the time to post this info. Very thoughful and gracious of you. Yes, I did mention to check for any recalls and that there was a programming correction that was successful with another similiar situation. I will of course provide this detailed info you have provided just in case. Can you imagine if this was the exact cause and BMW Canada couldn't even figure this out.
Thanks again my friend and have a blessed weekend.

#102 ·
vibration

BCool's story is scaring me to death! 2010 750lxi - Smooth as silk for 5000 miles. Chicago pot holes slighlty bent left side rims. Thought I threw a weight and went to local tire store. They have done tire work on 4 BMWs I have owned last 8 years. Slight bends on inside lip of rims were repaired and rebalanced. Vibration got more severe and tire guy said take it to dealer $500 later they rebalanced and vibration is no better. Going back to dealer Monday! I have bought each of my daughter's Mazda 3's - 2009 and 2010. Both have better ride than my new 7 - Hard to believe a pothole that didn't even flatten the tires could create this big of an issue.

#103 ·
BCool's story is scaring me to death! 2010 750lxi - Smooth as silk for 5000 miles. Chicago pot holes slighlty bent left side rims. Thought I threw a weight and went to local tire store. They have done tire work on 4 BMWs I have owned last 8 years. Slight bends on inside lip of rims were repaired and rebalanced. Vibration got more severe and tire guy said take it to dealer $500 later they rebalanced and vibration is no better. Going back to dealer Monday! I have bought each of my daughter's Mazda 3's - 2009 and 2010. Both have better ride than my new 7 - Hard to believe a pothole that didn't even flatten the tires could create this big of an issue.
Which is why I am sticking to my 19 inch rims eventhough 20 inch looks better.

#106 ·
Hey Fellas,

Yes the saga continues with the vibration. We have now done 16,000kms with the car and after a week at BMW headquarters adn 3 weeks at dealer still no response.

I have washed my hands of BMW cars. We have owned 14 of them. I have another great story for you. I have an M3 which is 2 years old. The paint has started to peel so it now looks like an orange peel effect all over the bonnet and trunk. I had the main guy from BMW down to the dealer and he was trying to blame me for the way it is washed. I said well I have a 740 and Mercedes at home that has the same treatment and nothign wrong there. I also use 99% BMW cleaning products. So I let him have it and also the BMW dealership. I have never seen a car company back out of it's warranty obligations as BMW has. I have sold the car and will never be back through their doors.

We still have the 7 and I think the run flats have a large amount of cause to the problem. I have also been told there is new rear suspension parts on the way as well as other updates but can't confirm. Just a dissapointing new age of BMW. Financial crisis must have tightend up their belts just a little bit to much and not listen to customers. Arrogence from Germans?? Would have thought they would have learn't by now.

Bonzamonza

#107 ·
Finally, Dealer agrees in drive system

The dealer brought my car back Wednesday, said they believed it was fine. I drove it a half mile, vibration was still there so I called the dealer back and said pick it up. They picked it up the next morning. I must confess, my dealer seems more cooperative than bcool's. They called me Friday morning and said it is in the drive system and they have escalated the issue to BMW. The service manager drove another brand new 750 LI Xdrive and it did the same thing. I hope it is just the programming.

#108 ·
The dealer brought my car back Wednesday, said they believed it was fine. I drove it a half mile, vibration was still there so I called the dealer back and said pick it up. They picked it up the next morning. I must confess, my dealer seems more cooperative than bcool's. They called me Friday morning and said it is in the drive system and they have escalated the issue to BMW. The service manager drove another brand new 750 LI Xdrive and it did the same thing. I hope it is just the programming.
Latest Update:

The Regional Tech Manager just went on another road test yesterday morning and NOW confirms that my car vibrates and shimmy's/shakes abnormally especially at speeds above 104km/hour .
The service manager say everyone now is 100% on board and fully agrees that this is an issue/problem that should not be accepted. He pleaded for one last chance to fix this b/c they now believe they know the cause!?!?!
BMW Canada however refuses to make a decision on replacing this car that has been in the shop for 130 straight days.
It is still my position that BMW should figure out this defect/problem on their own time and not on the customer's.
I can only pray that none of you good people will have to experience this nightmare that I am going thru.
The saga/nightmare continues....

#110 ·
wow sounds like you are beta tester. i guess it's always the case with new BMW models but seems to be getting worse and worse with each year. guess the complexity of the cars makes it harder for them to complete proper test cycle in the same amount of time. good luck!

#113 ·
Hi Bcool,

Any news on the fix? My dealer is just wasting my time and BMW Australia arn't even interested. More ammo to fire at them would be great. They have ordered some rear suspension components to be changed but I am not convinced it will fix it. For a car they say is not faulty it has had 3 different tyres, rim sets on it, new drive line, new front sway bar and now rear bushes. Glad it's not faulty!!

Regards,

Karl

#117 ·
Update,

Run Flat Tyres are rubbish. New set of continental tyres on yesterday and my vibration issue is now gone. No thanks to my dealer or BMW Australia who were nothing short of useless in the whole issue.

My tip it don't buy one with run flats. Our car is completely different now with normal tyres fells like it should from the factory!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.