BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW Extended warranty company

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tribecaX5 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping i can get a good suggestions where to get BMW extended warranty.

Thanks in advance!

#7 ·
Then it isn't an 'extended' warranty as it works in addition to the new car warranty.

IMO it is pissing away 399... My expenses for new 3 BMWs ihas been zero up to 50k for non- maintenace items.

#8 ·
Then it isn't an 'extended' warranty as it works in addition to the new car warranty.

IMO it is pissing away 399... My expenses for new 3 BMWs ihas been zero up to 50k for non- maintenace items.
Wow, I should have never responded after three days of travel and little sleep. My $399 was for the Tire/Wheel package...My extended warranty was from Pentagon Federal Credit Union and it was $1895 and DOES cover batteries. https://www.penfed.org/route-66-extended-warranty/

#12 ·
I would still go with BMW extended warranty although it is more expensive than other companies. I think it's worth it paying the extra $. Previously, I had a 2009 X5 35D and when I contacted a local BMW dealer for an extended warranty, this is what they offered me. Their exact emails copied and pasted:

Based on your driving habits , the 84 month/70,000 mile program may make the most sense. It would provide the maximum term. Your vehicle would then be covered until 01/26/2016 or 70,000 miles again whichever comes first and mileage would not be an issue for you. The Powertrain Plus plan for those terms would be $2,800, the Gold plan would be $4,170, and the Platinum plan would be $4,680. Powertrain may be too basic regarding coverage, really meant to protect you from any major expense. The Platinum would be a consideration if you have the navigation system as the radio & CD player rarely have issues but to replace a navigation system, you may be looking in excess of $2,000. Most of our clients opt for the Gold plan and the majority of our service advisors feel that this plan is most likely the best value.
General info: The BMW Extended Vehicle Protection Plans (Powertrain Plus, Gold, or Platinum) can provide coverage from 60 months, 72 months, and 84 months from original date of first use. In addition, the mileage can be extended from 70,000 up to 100,000 total miles depending on your needs. Prices range from $2,350 to $5,430 depending on which coverage and mileage combination you choose. There is a $50 deductible per claim. Price are exclusive of tax. Please review the attached brochure to compare the differences in coverage.

The BMW Maintenance Upgrade Program would extend all factory recommended services (oil changes, standard scopes & vehicle check, engine belt, wiper blades, cabin micro filter replacement, front/rear brake pads and rotors) and roadside assistance for until 01/26/2015 or 100,000 miles with no deductible for $2,495 plus tax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.