BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Lowering the 750i

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sanhonda22 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about lowering my 750 about an 1.5 inches in front and rear. I found these B&G suspension springs that cost about 300 and plan on doing it myself. Has any one else lowered their car and if so would there be any issues with the suspension if the cars dropped. Please advise.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Anytime you lower a car on stock shocks and struts you'll shorten the life of the shocks and struts, as sanhonda22 stated The H&R springs for your 750i are right around that drop height. A quick heads up different springs are used for lowering cars with standard suspension vs those with the self leveling rear suspension.

Click HERE for cars with self leveling suspensions.

Click HERE for cars without self leveling suspensions.

#4 ·
Sorry fro waken this up , rather than starting a new thread I'll ask a question here . Since i have the sport suspension , is it really a waist lowering it with H&R's ? Looking to go 22's and was wondering if having the sport suspension wouldn't need a drop ? anyone with pics of 22's mounted on stock sport suspension ?
Thanks

#9 ·
Sorry fro waken this up , rather than starting a new thread I'll ask a question here . Since i have the sport suspension , is it really a waist lowering it with H&R's ? Looking to go 22's and was wondering if having the sport suspension wouldn't need a drop ? anyone with pics of 22's mounted on stock sport suspension ?
Thanks
Go with the Eibach for a 750Li Sport . The front sits about the same as H&R, but the rear is tad lower versus H&R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.